What's new

Restructuring My Collection

Have any of you ever sold it all off and started fresh? I've got a lot of stuff sitting around that I like, but I think there are other things I would like more. I'm considering just cleaning house (keeping my Special and Wee Scot) and basically buying a new everything else.

Thoughts?

I nuked my razor collection, Drew. But it was just a case of stealing from Peter to pay Paul. I immediately spent it on brushes.

I find that I go in fits and starts - I'll get to the point where I have too much of something and sell off all but the stuff I really use. Its not a matter of starting out fresh, but a revelation that I've filled up an upper an lower cabinet with shaving stuff :blushing:

I've just gone on a bit of a purchasing spree of the past month (which at this point is unusual as I have so much stuff already) and will likely be moving a bunch of stuff out when I have time.

I then use the cash for other shaving/hobby related purchase.

Go for it, man. In the end, it's just stuff. Keep what you love and ditch the rest.

I personally had no need for twelve razors. They didn't add that much to my enjoyment of shaving. I could see enjoying twelve soaps, though, and I am still jonesing pretty bad for brushes. Everyone's different.

I think ADs are good for exploring what you like, but once you've figured that out, focus your acquisitions/sales on the things that hit your sweet spot. Sounds like you already want to do that but you just need a push. :biggrin1:

I have found that buying and selling/trading etc really keeps it interesting. I keep the instruments I love and move the others along to help re-invest into new stuff. That way we are all happy!

I once had around 60 DE's and have narrowed that down to around 20.

If I am not using them then in my eyes, they must be sold to someone who will use them.

I think this is a great way to cycle through and try more items.

Sell it, just keep what you consistently use. I "clear house" every few months, usually just give stuff to friends and family. Selling a big chunk of your collection can equal some really nice new stuff. UPGRADE!

Top Bottom