What's new

Rescaled 2 straights

I rescaled my boker king cutter and my Johan Engstrom today. Followed the pinning instructions from the board and the end results are shown in the pictures.

Larry

6C227A39-264A-4672-9624-D1EE7911437D.jpeg

They were scales I bought from whipped dog, the pearl ones are plastic and other is horn with a silver inlay. I don’t think I did too bad given this is my first attempt.

Larry

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
They were scales I bought from whipped dog, the pearl ones are plastic and other is horn with a silver inlay. I don’t think I did too bad given this is my first attempt.

Larry

I think you did great. It's easy to botch the peening/pinning (don't ask how I know this).

Well to be honest I have done some sheet metal work on classic cars and I remembered a great tip when working ANY metal by hand and that is when you hit it lightly multiple times you create friction. That friction heats the metal which causes it to deform. The blows will then flow the metal to where you want it to go.

After i got them situated in new scales, i honed them and got them shave ready. Im getting better with my coticule, my arkansas, my pastes, and my stropping. Im running out of test spots under my forearms to test on tho :lol1:

Well to be honest I have done some sheet metal work on classic cars and I remembered a great tip when working ANY metal by hand and that is when you hit it lightly multiple times you create friction. That friction heats the metal which causes it to deform. The blows will then flow the metal to where you want it to go.

After i got them situated in new scales, i honed them and got them shave ready. Im getting better with my coticule, my arkansas, my pastes, and my stropping. Im running out of test spots under my forearms to test on tho :lol1:

They look good Sir!!! Well done for a first time, and the more you do the better and faster you get. On a plus note if your running out of hair on your arms there is always the legs as I was told. :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

3D6EE613-D287-4AF0-95BD-9737D0F02477.jpeg
Here is a better picture of the Boker for all to enjoy. I just got done with my 5th shave ever and first time using it and so far it’s my best to date. All I can say is ya can’t beat German steel. Next I have to try my Sheffield’s and my Swedish steel and see how they perform.

Top Bottom