What's new

Red Dot for Mark IV

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
1781C038-27C0-4BA7-8895-F4643063AB7C.jpeg
I think I’m going to remove the Volquartsen top rail and “iron sights” from this Mk II and transfer my Burris Fast Fire III to it using the low profile Burris mount that I have on order. I’ll put the new incoming Vortex Venom using the Tandemkross mount on my Mk III 22/45 that I’ve been shooting for the bullseye match. At least that’s the plan.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I live in a metroplex of 6 million people. Nobody has a picatinny mount for that red dot. I had to order it on Amazon. 🤬

Yeah, I’m thinking if you can’t find something in The Dallas/ FT Worth metropolis, you ain’t finding it in any other city either. :)

I have decided to go with the Holosun 307C-X2.
When I was shooting the other day, I was shooting a rifle with a Holosun red dot and another with a Vortex, and noticed how much better the Holosun looked. Not that Vortex is bad; but their red dots vary and I like Vortex best for their scopes.

But yeah, Holosun is solid. I would consider getting another one if the need arises.

OkieStubble

Where do you guys place your red dots on the rails of your competition .22 pistol’s?

Do you prefer them towards the back of the pistol close to the rear iron sights? Or more forward, towards the muzzle?

My dot is set up and ready to be sighted in at the range. :)

2CEF9B3D-D4A3-4B28-825F-EF0E7B935843.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have mine set towards the rear on both my Mk II and MK III 22/45. The Burris mount on the Mk II uses the rear sight dovetail, so the RDS has to be towards the rear, the Tandemkross mount on the Mk III has a little flexibility in positioning, but not much, so the RDS is still to the rear. A rail would allow a more forward position, but also adds height to the sighting system. Given the option, I like the rear placement and lower profile.

0694A04B-C7C1-4E8B-B000-148844E521F5.jpeg

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I like mine centered on the upper receiver. I take the sights off when I install the red dot. I haven’t put an optic on my buckmark. Think I’m going to keep the sights on that one.

B672394E-CD20-41D6-8B93-15C3C563FC0B.jpeg

OkieStubble

I like mine centered on the upper receiver. I take the sights off when I install the red dot. I haven’t put an optic on my buckmark. Think I’m going to keep the sights on that one.

View attachment 1485159

I gotta admit, I have old eyeballs and I was impressed with the standard sights on the Buckmark. Hopefully the dot produces even better accuracy.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I gotta admit, I have old eyeballs and I was impressed with the standard sights on the Buckmark. Hopefully the dot produces even better accuracy.
Yep, the sights on my buckmark are excellent. But I got that Smith specifically to mod. Even though it had the green fiber optic sights out of the box, I still yanked them. And I replaced the barrel anyways. It was the intent of the project. But the fiber optic sights are excellent as well.

Next step for the Smith is to get the tandemkross mount for that red dot. I also want to do a trigger job for the anesthetics. But the stock trigger is already really great, so I'm on the fence.

OkieStubble

Yep, the sights on my buckmark are excellent. But I got that Smith specifically to mod. Even though it had the green fiber optic sights out of the box, I still yanked them. And I replaced the barrel anyways. It was the intent of the project. But the fiber optic sights are excellent as well.

Next step for the Smith is to get the tandemkross mount for that red dot. I also want to do a trigger job for the anesthetics. But the stock trigger is already really great, so I'm on the fence.

Does your S&W have a magazine disconnect? My Buckmark does. I wonder if the disconnect affects trigger pull?

Top Bottom