What's new

Recommend me a cheap Scotch?

If you want an example of an inexpensive scotch that gives many single malts a run for their money, try Té Bheag blended scotch. It's an unchilfiltered blend, which I find to be easily superior to a Glenfiddich 12 year. For a blend, it's quite superb.

Last edited:
I know you asked for a scotch recommendation but truthfully in that price range your options are very limited and not very tasty. I f you are interested in an Irish whiskey try John Powers. Usually under $20.00 a bottle and is like candy. Just be prepared for it to be sweeter than most scotch.

Sorry dude take it from me life is to short to drink cheap Booze! Go to a good pub and try some w/o having to buy a whole bottle, and try Red breast Irish whiskey... 12yo... it is the nectar of the gods!!!

I guess I liked Glenfiddich over Glenlivet for a while. Liked White Horse, Haig&Haig. Liked Dewar's or even Cutty Sark. If you want to be under the Chivas Regal price point I guess I'd settle on Dewar's. Would prefer Chivas rather than most low end single malts. I did my best for quite a while, then went to moderately priced Brandy. Seemed like there was better sipping in a low priced Brandy over a bad Scotch. Though a bad Brandy can be pretty bad - as can a Scotch for that matter.

Always neat, and in a bucket for me. No ice, thanks. I can chase it from another glass. Paul Masson VSOP is quite drinkable. The darker the worse for me on the Brandy.

Top Bottom