What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

Quick question for you guys that own the silver and black versions of the Lupo. Is the finish shiny or matte?

Last edited:
I’ve had six shaves with this razor and they’ve all been excellent. It isn’t an aggressive razor, but it is efficient and very smooth.

I find the Lupo a mid-aggressive razor. or in between mild and mid. I can still feel the blade a bit but it does not irritate my skin. I've gotten couple weepers but nothing crazy.

How hard is to keep the black ones clean?
I had a black Baby Smooth some time ago. It definitely was more difficult than any other color to keep clean. Soap film is common, but just wiping it will clear most. I found it was an issue in the nooks and crannies, like on the edge of the baseplate where the gaps are. You'll be cleaning it more if you are finicky about appearance.

To touch on a previous question of yours... With the silver, I've seen other people put handles on them and they just don't match. Aluminum and steel (Even a matte type) are very different in color to my eye. There was a post earlier, someone put on a different handle (WCS?) On their black razor. From the picture at least, they looked identical in color. If you are looking to swap out handles, my guess (and it is a guess) is youll have better luck with a black razor.

Because I had the black baby smooth, I gravitated towards the silver this time. I kind of regret that. Still, at the end of the day, it's a great razor and shaves wonderfully ... That's why we buy it. Looks are a perk, at best, imo. [emoji846]

Let me add that the silver is less likely to show scrapes as I imagined the black is a paint job, only skin deep. I don't think I was much help, lol. Sorry.

I had a black Baby Smooth some time ago. It definitely was more difficult than any other color to keep clean. Soap film is common, but just wiping it will clear most. I found it was an issue in the nooks and crannies, like on the edge of the baseplate where the gaps are. You'll be cleaning it more if you are finicky about appearance.

To touch on a previous question of yours... With the silver, I've seen other people put handles on them and they just don't match. Aluminum and steel (Even a matte type) are very different in color to my eye. There was a post earlier, someone put on a different handle (WCS?) On their black razor. From the picture at least, they looked identical in color. If you are looking to swap out handles, my guess (and it is a guess) is youll have better luck with a black razor.

Because I had the black baby smooth, I gravitated towards the silver this time. I kind of regret that. Still, at the end of the day, it's a great razor and shaves wonderfully ... That's why we buy it. Looks are a perk, at best, imo. [emoji846]

Let me add that the silver is less likely to show scrapes as I imagined the black is a paint job, only skin deep. I don't think I was much help, lol. Sorry.
Thanks. I find the black a little more appealing because it will stand out from my other two razors.

Also if I buy this razor I have no plans to swap out the handle. I'm sure it balances better with the stock handle.

I used the Lupo a few times for my head and face and let it go again. Compared to the .53 Mamba and .84 GC, I'd say it is about as efficient as the former but noticeably less smooth than even the latter.
I believe this is due to the light material and therefore a lack of momentum and stability. In the end the .84 GC with a used Sputnik blade felt a lot smoother and sharper than the Lupo with a fresh Feather.

So far I would have said the razor can't be light enough when it comes to head shaving but the Lupo proved otherwise. At least the razor's head needs some heft to work for me, the handle however should be a lightweight. So far a SS head with a titanium or hollow SS handle worked best for be. Unfortunately the Lupo's handle doesn't provide enough grip to support a heavier head, so it's no use for me either.

Other than that, due to the Lupo's tiny lather slots it clogs easily and is harder to clean than both Mamba and GC.
I really wished there were more razors that utilize this head shape – blade tabs covered but narrowed towards the blade edges – because it is a really nice feature and just makes a lot of sense. A SS OC version of the Lupo would be great...

Last edited:
First shave with my Lupo: Bic Chrome Platinum, new blade. Soap Commander Honor, RR 400 Noir brush. What a great shave. There is a decent "blade feel", but the shave was very smooth, and close. Efficient razor with awesome smoothness.
I am impressed. If they come out with a SS version, I'm in.
The handle leaves something to be desired, I'm not a fan of the tapered shaft. I'll probably switch out to the Hawk handle for tomorrow.
The weight of the razor is actually pretty good to me. Makes you pay attention to every stroke.

I should be receiving my Lupo today & have no plan to use a Bic blade. The Bic chromium platinum's I have are too rough on my face. Although it's possible I may have a bad tuck of Bic"s.

Bics, like most everything else we discuss here, are subjective to the user. I hope whatever blade you use you enjoy your Lupo as much as I did mine.

I've had some blades that perform like a dream in some razors, and like a rusty tuna can lid on others. Can't explain it , it just is.

I'll try the Bic's in my other 2 razors before I toss them. But like I said I'm hoping they're a bad tuck but then again maybe they don't like my face.

Anyway the Lupo came in. Took me about a minute to figure out how to mount the blade properly. It's a very light razor & will use it over the weekend since I'm testing blades with my every day razor the Rockwell 6c.

Top Bottom