What's new

Razorock - Lupo? Game Changer? Other?

I have only recently aqcuired the Lupo .72 and am very content and impressed.
as @APBinNCA predicted I am on this thread because I can't get enough...

I love the Lupo but am also interested in testing out the game changer. Having doubts between the .84 oc and sb, which would be the best choice for me?

The Lupo feels great and efficient. I would maybe like it to be just a tad MORE efficient without being more aggressive...if that makes any sense?
Which one of the gcs would be my best choice?

Edit: I seem to remember reading a topic on here (somewhere, cant find it anymore) saying RR would launch a SS series with different plates. Is this a hoax or is something like that actually going to happen in the near future?
If that's the case I'd best find a way not to spend my hard earned cash.

I love the Lupo but am also interested in testing out the game changer. Having doubts between the .84 oc and sb, which would be the best choice for me?

The Lupo feels great and efficient. I would maybe like it to be just a tad MORE efficient without being more aggressive...if that makes any sense?

Edit: I seem to remember reading a topic on here (somewhere, cant find it anymore) saying RR would launch a SS series with different plates. Is this a hoax or is something like that actually going to happen in the near future?
In my opinion the Lupo 72 is more efficient and more aggressive than the Game Changer .68 OC. One of the GC 84 options is probably what you are looking for. The GC 84 is more efficient than the 68 but for some reason I prefer the 68 OC over all the GC options. The Lupo 72 is as efficient as I want to go without causing irritation, the GC .68 OC being a step down and milder. Either of the GC 84s is a step up in efficiency but you may find them smoother on your skin than the Lupo 72.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know it isn't a double edge razor, but I'd take a serious look at the RazoRock Hawk3. The Artist Club blades are amazing, and you can just change the blade types from several different manufacturers to change how much blade exposure you have. I have a Claymore Evolution myself but the Hawk3 is also highly regarded.

The AC blades are much thicker and typically you get quite a few shaves from one blade, usually ten to twelve.

Anyway, just a something to consider.

I ended up going with the DC Lupo - so far I have been very impressed.
Thanks so much for all the opinions and advice :)
I would recommend the Lupo over the GC. They are both very good, but with the GC, the posts are on the base plate which I find to be counterintuitive for easy blade loading.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
To be quite honest, there’s not a single bad razor in the whole Razorock arsenal. If one looks at what this manufacturer brings to the table and I’ll say this only for manufacturers within North America, there isn’t another house that offers the range, versatility, craftsmanship and affordability that Italian Barber/Razorock has presented and continues to present. Value is the key word with this house and no one else even comes close. Perhaps, Blackland with their range and only if & when their Era becomes available and yet, in my humble opinion it will still fall short of the unwritten standard that Razorock has established when we talk affordability and effectiveness of their shave tool line ups. That is no small feat when you consider the many artisans out there today that produce quality products at substantially higher prices. I don’t begrudge any of those artisan manufacturers their right to charge what they believe their product is worth. If there is a market & a demand for a said product in which consumers are willing to spend their capitol on, by all means. I know, I’ve bought a few of those “high end luxury” shave tools. As always, to each their own.

Anyways, these are my favorites from Razorock. They run from very mild to nicely efficient, to my standards as I speak only for me. I can’t tell you how these shave on your face because, I don’t have your face. But, I will tell you that dollar for dollar these razors shave exceptionally well and leave one with no wants in shave razor performance (for the majority, at least).

From left to right, 4th spot Mamba .70, 3rd spot BBS, 2nd spot Gamechanger.84 OC and numero 1 in the Razorock stable, the Lupo .95. Depending on what I want, they all work extraordinarily well.

View attachment 1399535

Tonight it was the GC .84 OC, sweet shave……

View attachment 1399536
Since you have so many RR razors, any reason you haven't picked up a Hawk3? or is the fact it's a AC single edge? Just curious. The Hawk3 was a finalist in my own search. I ended up with a Claymore Evolution. More expensive... but I am enjoying it.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and finally bought the GameChanger .84-P (safety bar) as my first DE safety razor. My first shave with 6 days growth was fantastic...no issues, no clogging, no pulling, etc. Great razor with little blade feel.

From my maniacal research, my thoughts were as follows pre-purchase:
  • Mamba .70: too mild
  • GameChanger .68-P: too mild
  • GameChanger .68-OC: scared to buy open comb as first safety razor
  • GameChanger .84-P: good balance between mild and aggressive
  • Lupo .72: best-looking RazoRock razor but a few folks suggested the Lupo .95 was a better and smoother Lupo
  • Lupo .95: maybe my next razor but I couldn't talk myself into buying RazoRock's most aggressive razor for my first

Last edited:
Since you have so many RR razors, any reason you haven't picked up a Hawk3? or is the fact it's a AC single edge? Just curious. The Hawk3 was a finalist in my own search. I ended up with a Claymore Evolution. More expensive... but I am enjoying it.

I do own a RR Hawk V3 and it's a very fine shaver. I also own a Claymore Evo which is just as good as the Hawk and arguably a better performer. I like them both but, I prefer the shave characteristics of the Evo over the Hawk V3. One couldn't go wrong with either one and preferred blade choice.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I do own a RR Hawk V3 and it's a very fine shaver. I also own a Claymore Evo which is just as good as the Hawk and arguably a better performer. I like them both but, I prefer the shave characteristics of the Evo over the Hawk V3. One couldn't go wrong with either one and preferred blade choice.
I chose the Claymore Evo in the end because I liked the angle of the head better than the RR Hawk V3. It just a guess, really, but I love the Claymore Evo. I just got back into wet shaving because our youngest son gave me a Lupo Aluminum... I didn't like the way it felt... the lightness of it, mainly. I added a Claymore handle and all it well with it, but i still use the Claymore Evo as my every day razor.. all of two weeks now. ;)

I've only used Feather AC ProGuard blades in the Claymore Evo at this point. I'm getting a very nice shave... any others at the top of your list for me to try?

With my last shave I used my Lupo 95 and once again I got great results! My previous shave I used my Schone which usually works very well for me but wasn't performing that well with a Ladas blade. I decided to try my Lupo 95 with the same Ladas blade, same cream and it was a great shave. The Lupo 95 seems to perform better with a wider variety of blades than any other razor I have.

I would like to get my first Razorock razor, but not sure which to get.
I have a Rex Ambassador, Ikon B1 Slant and the Rockwell 6S.
I also have a WCS shavette, which I am just starting to use on occasion.

I'm looking to experience something with more blade feel.
Also interested in experiencing an open comb.

I was leaning towards the RR Lupo with the dual head.... people seem to have mixed opinions regarding the OC side - and just looking for some advice and opinions to help figure out the best option(s).

Happy Friday!
good choice....really good one

I've had 7 or 8 shaves with my new Lupo DC and I've found it to be more aggressive than I expected. And both sides seem to give me the same results but the open comb side feels more comfortable to me. The only razor I have that I would call more aggressive is my Muhle R41. I use plate R6 with my Rockwell 6C and expected the Lupo to be close to that but I think it would equate more to a plate R8 if they made one. Don't get me wrong, it's a great razor and I love it but I shave every day and I think it would be better suited for every other day shaves for me. But I'm still trying different blades in it.

So I'm thinking of a Game Changer 84 but I'm also thinking about the upcoming Razorock slant which is supposed to have a variety of plates.

1) I love my GC .84-P razor, and contemplating on buying the .68-OC plate. What will it bring me more (or less) than the .84-P plate. I like mid range razors, not too aggressive, rather mild and shave everyday.
2) And second, if I like the .84-P plate, what would be the use of buying it's .68-P brother next to it?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
1) I love my GC .84-P razor, and contemplating on buying the .68-OC plate. What will it bring me more (or less) than the .84-P plate. I like mid range razors, not too aggressive, rather mild and shave everyday.
2) And second, if I like the .84-P plate, what would be the use of buying it's .68-P brother next to it?
Get the GC84OC, my GC68-P has been sitting unused ever since I got mine.

doug

I've got the .72 lupo and the .95.The .95 feels the same in blade feel for me but with a bit more efficiency it's my favorite razor.

Top Bottom