What's new

Razorock Lupo .95 Open Comb

For a new DE shaver would it be too big of a jump going from a Rockwell 6S (plates 5 and 6) to a 95 OC?

From limited experience I much prefer the higher plates and want to do further experimenting on the aggressive end before jumping into high-end brands that cost 5-10x the Lupo. Would it maybe be smart to get the 72 SB plate as well as a middle ground just in case? Thanks.
I have both of these razors. My preference is for razors on the more efficient/aggressive end of the scale. IMO, you'd be just fine going to a 95 OC from the 6S on plate 6. I switch between them all the time. FWIW, I like both razors very much, but the results I get with the 6S plate 6 are magical. Smooth and clean with zero sting from alum every single time. People sometimes complain about the bulkiness of the 6S, but that doesn't bother me at all.

I have both of these razors. My preference is for razors on the more efficient/aggressive end of the scale. IMO, you'd be just fine going to a 95 OC from the 6S on plate 6. I switch between them all the time. FWIW, I like both razors very much, but the results I get with the 6S plate 6 are magical. Smooth and clean with zero sting from alum every single time. People sometimes complain about the bulkiness of the 6S, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Does plate 6 and the 95 OC feel similar in use?

Now that Shark Week has passed, I got back to the Lupo 95OC. Using ARKO soap and a new Nacet, it produced a very close and comfortable shave. Thanks to all the enablers for highly recommending it, whoever you may be!
What a great razor!

Last edited:
Does plate 6 and the 95 OC feel similar in use?
I haven't used them side by side. Going by memory, I think you'll get a little more blade feel with the OC. The SB on the 6S smooths things out a bit more. For me and my technique, the 6S plate 6 is both smoother and more efficient than the 95 OC. Others will probably disagree with me.

The 95 OC is a cheap, excellent value razor. If you don't like it, I'm sure you could find a good home for it. If you're like me, you'll want to keep both of them.

So, the head arrived.

Lupo 95 oc.jpg

Report please👍😊💈🤣…..
That is one beautiful razor. Especially easy to get around in tight spots like under the nose.
Beauty is not important to me, it is a subjective thing. Same about the under the nose shaving. I shave without problems under the nose with the Futur, whreas half of the users are complaining.

BTW, for the record, I don't like looks of the 95SB and 95 OC heads. But as I said, that's a personal thing.

Beauty is not important to me, it is a subjective thing. Same about the under the nose shaving. I shave without problems under the nose with the Futur, whreas half of the users are complaining.

BTW, for the record, I don't like looks of the 95SB and 95 OC heads. But as I said, that's a personal thing.
BTW, I happen to think they are beautiful bars, But that is also a personal thing!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm so spoiled with the thin head of the Claymore Evo and now the Gillette Flat Bottom Tech....it seems to reduce RAD quite a bit.

It's probably just ignorance....but people rave about the Rocnel Sailor.... but all I see is the very thick head. It looks so cumbersome to me. They get around it, I'm sure.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
It's probably just ignorance....but people rave about the Rocnel Sailor.... but all I see is the very thick head. It looks so cumbersome to me. They get around it, I'm sure.
I wondered about that, too. Once I got one in multilateral exchange for a Leopard 2 I will tell you.

Regarding the design of the Lupo .95 head I agree, a bit too spartan. But hoping for RR to change that now, I think it is more likely that Timeless will cover the damn tabs one day. I would really like that.

Does the Lupo cover the tabs? It looks like it would; that's one of my dislikes of my 6S.

Reactions: Kix

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@Butch Waxx and @Iridian have me convinced, if I end up buying a modern DE razor, I'll start with the RR Lupo .95OC. I'm going to give my Lupo Aluminum another chance soon. I need to spend more time with my Gillette British Flat Bottom Tech first.

Anyway, you two as well as other participants of this thread have done an amazing job explaining the razor. Oh, before i forget, I need to include @GlazedBoker. Thanks to all three of you in particular.

@Butch Waxx and @Iridian have me convinced, if I end up buying a modern DE razor, I'll start with the RR Lupo .95OC. I'm going to give my Lupo Aluminum another chance soon. I need to spend more time with my Gillette British Flat Bottom Tech first.

Anyway, you two as well as other participants of this thread have done an amazing job explaining the razor. Oh, before i forget, I need to include @GlazedBoker. Thanks to all three of you in particular.
Bit of a hyjack, but did you read this yet

It appears you may be able to get another Aylsworth soon, a DE, and provide the forum with some original insight.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Bit of a hyjack, but did you read this yet

It appears you may be able to get another Aylsworth soon, a DE, and provide the forum with some original insight.
That one isn't on my radar. I had read the thread when it showed up in "What's New". The only custom thing on my radar is the Wolfman Darwin handle, but I'm not sure if I'll end up buying one. The Timeless Ti Crown handles work so well for me and are much less expensive. That said, there really is something about that Darwin design... It's also a work of art.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom