What's new

Razorock Lupo .95 Open Comb

My excitement has me wanting to pull the trigger RIGHT NOW, but I'm going to mull it over a bit.

My most aggressive razor is a Lupo .72, and it seems like this is quite a jump in aggressiveness. I might be down for that.

If not the Lupo .95 OC, then the Gamechanger .84 OC.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Same! I was waiting for an open comb version, only wish it was the 72. The 95 might be too much.
The Lupo DC has a .72 OC side and a .95 SB side. Maybe that's one you would like. I often already posted here I wished they would have made it .72 SB and .95 OC, but I think they had a reason not to go with the .95 OC. It might be a lot more beastly than any other Razorock razor, but they are not hyper aggressive. The Wunderbar and Lupo .95 SB are supposedly their most aggressive offers, and they are far away from the R41 and the Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant and I would also rate the excellent Green Cult razor as more aggressive.

The Lupo DC has a .72 OC side and a .95 SB side. Maybe that's one you would like. I often already posted here I wished they would have made it .72 SB and .95 OC, but I think they had a reason not to go with the .95 OC. It might be a lot more beastly than any other Razorock razor, but they are not hyper aggressive. The Wunderbar and Lupo .95 SB are supposedly their most aggressive offers, and they are far away from the R41 and the Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant and I would also rate the excellent Green Cult razor as more aggressive.
Never was a fan of duel combs... It would be like a single edge.

I have the DC version with the .72 oc and .95 sb and I'm not really impressed by the oc and I rarely use it. The oc feels a bit toothy for my taste like pretty much most modern oc razors on the market and for that reason I tend to ignore them. It's never a bad thing to new razors, but I'm going to pass on this one. Btw, if someone has a .95 sb plate and wants to try the DC, I'm up for a trade.

My excitement has me wanting to pull the trigger RIGHT NOW, but I'm going to mull it over a bit.

My most aggressive razor is a Lupo .72, and it seems like this is quite a jump in aggressiveness. I might be down for that.

If not the Lupo .95 OC, then the Gamechanger .84 OC.
I just gave away a Gamechanger .84! Great razor, but I prefer the feel of the solid bar over the open comb GC. Actually, the GC .84 remains my all-time favorite, even over the Lupo .95.

Also can't help thinking Razorock offerings are getting very crowded with Mambas, BBS, Game Changers, Jaws and now many Lupos.... I have a hoard of them and surprisingly one of my favorites so far is a DScosmetics clone open comb....

Also can't help thinking Razorock offerings are getting very crowded with Mambas, BBS, Game Changers, Jaws and now many Lupos.... I have a hoard of them and surprisingly one of my favorites so far is a DScosmetics clone open comb....
I feel like it only seems overcrowded to those who must own every variation and it makes their wallet wince whenever they see a new one. Considering you can (after waiting a year) buy a Wolfman at any configuration you desire, I don't mind RazoRock giving their clients as many different options as possible. For example I have a Lupo 58 and I managed to try a friends Lupo 72 base plate and the 72 was a tad bit too aggressive whereas the 58 is perfect. I know I have read even on here at B&B a handful people say the 95 is great but they wish it was a tad bit more aggressive, well now RazoRock has given those animals an option 😉

At the end of the day it's just a base plate, many other Razors can ship with multiple base plates (Rockwell, Karve etc)

I feel like it only seems overcrowded to those who must own every variation and it makes their wallet wince whenever they see a new one. Considering you can (after waiting a year) buy a Wolfman at any configuration you desire, I don't mind RazoRock giving their clients as many different options as possible. For example I have a Lupo 58 and I managed to try a friends Lupo 72 base plate and the 72 was a tad bit too aggressive whereas the 58 is perfect. I know I have read even on here at B&B a handful people say the 95 is great but they wish it was a tad bit more aggressive, well now RazoRock has given those animals an option 😉

At the end of the day it's just a base plate, many other Razors can ship with multiple base plates (Rockwell, Karve etc)
I agree yet Karve, Rockwell don't have multiple line ups with multiple plates on top of it..... Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about choices, this said the choices are getting more and more confusing with all the models.

I'm cool with it!

I hated the Mamba, LOVE the Lupo, and really like the Gamechangers I have. It's cool to be able to pick something from a line, then fine-tune what I want from the razor with a different plate.

I'm sure the Karve and Rockwell variations on their line are cool too. I just started with Razorock.

Top Bottom