What's new

RazoRock Italian Triple milled soaps Black/Gold/Green/Blue Label

So I don't really buy soaps anymore. I have a massive collection of vintage soap and I make my own. But last week I read about a triple milled soap from Razorock at a really cheap price (Currently $9 for four 100g pucks in individual resealing containers). I wanted to try it. The one thing I've always felt was missing from artisan soaps is the nice hard texture of a triple milled product... so I wanted to see if this was what I was looking for. I ordered 7 sets to get free shipping and would up with 2.8 kg of soap for $64 plus tax. Hopefully I like the stuff... If not I'm set on shower soap for several years (though honestly at this price, it's cheap even for that).

First impressions, scent from sniffing the dry soaps.

The Gold is my favorite... Nice, very vaguely reminds me of Dr Harris Marlborough or Arlington (the citrus one... very very vaguely), but overall a nice subtle citrus cologne scent

Next is the Black... Not up to par with really nice fougeres, but it's not bad and I like Fougeres. In fact I'm almost positive I know what this is scented with... an "oakmoss" blend I purchased to use in my soaps many years back and I liked, but wasn't thrilled with. Would love for them to add a little something to this to make it a touch deeper/more complex.

Then Blue. It's umm... blue? Barbershop scent... kinda minty... not my thing really, but it's not offensive.

Then there's the Green, I want to like this, I like woodsy scents but they are hard to pull off, and this one just doesn't really capture me (at least out of the jar).

But these are all sniffing the Jar opinions. They could be completely different in the shave.

I already shaved but I'm going to lather up the gold for a test lather and post my results.

Last edited:
I bought these four in stick form simply because they were cheap to add to an order. I like all the scents—all are mild and represent pretty typical soap smells. (I’m generally not impressed with scents that are trying to impress me.)

And the performance is very good. Cushiony, slick. Very solid soaps that punch well above their price.

Scent of the gold remained true out of the container. Didn't get much better but didn't get any worse. Nice scent.

Soap formed a film after blooming I've not seen on any other soap... looked like a piece of paper had been on top and I hadn't noticed, tried to pick it off and realized it was soap film, not paper. Maybe some element of the "artisan" triple milling?

They say to load for 1min, which I consider nuts... maybe for people who like floppy brushes. I use stiff, scrubby brushes. I did a bit shy of 30seconds and even that was twice what it needed.

No shave, so can't fully review yet, but looks like really good stuff; and not just for the price. This looks like really nice soap. And I couldn't make it for what it sells for (including the tubs). It's a steal.

Lather pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_123248058.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123248058.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20201128_123605161_MP.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123605161_MP.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20201128_123614220.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123614220.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20201128_123615902.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123615902.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20201128_123618068.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123618068.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20201128_123633577_MP.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123633577_MP.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20201128_123649357_MP.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123649357_MP.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20201128_123655375.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123655375.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20201128_123705043.jpg
    IMG_20201128_123705043.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
So had a Shave with the Black today. The Fougere gets a touch warmer out of the tub, but again it's slight. Tub scent is fairly true. Scent does linger more than the Gold did... but maybe because I had 3 applications, instead of just the lathering?

Definitely a good soap, but not the best I've used... has a bit of the crispy texture to the lather that reminds me of proraso cream and Dr Harris a bit. I suspect it's the palm kernelate replacing some of the cocoate. Keeps it out of the absolute top bracket for me, but still a great soap in the Tabac-tier level of performance. And has lanolin and loads of glycerin so very good after-shave feel.

For the price? Absolute no brainer. Throw a sampler pack in the basket every time you qualify for free shipping at italianbarber and you're getting probably the best deal shaving soap out there. It's cheaper than Williams. I'm shocked I heard about this soap because it was mentioned as an afterthought in a thread about scent pairing... how is this not getting talked about?

I bought the 4-pack, started with the "green". Scent is a bit different. As a soap it works, and it's cheap. :thumbsup:

Regarding the scent, it doesn't smell as nice as the RR Lime, nor Proraso Sandalwood, however it doesn't cost nearly the same either.

also succumbed to the four-stick bargain!
shaved with the Black Label stick the other day.
Totally decent.
Nice scent, albeit faint. Good performance for what it is.
Only complaint is the lack of any better container or sleeve packaging for the stick.
But, for the price, not bad at all.

razorock black label fougere shavemac kai fine latigo november 24 2020.jpg

Blue today. Scent is much lighter when lathering vs out of the tub and kind of reminds me of speick... though I don't know what element of speick it is recalling for me. Much improved scent out vs in the tub.

I received Black Label soap & splash on Saturday... was impressed enough with the soap to purchase two more pucks (Blue Barbershop and Lime) from Groomatorium. ($3.99 each + $3.99 shipping)

I like these soaps a lot. I got the 4 pucks back in July and have used them regularly in my rotation. You will find that loading gets to be a lot easier after the first or second session as the puck will soften a bit.

Performance is excellent for me including post shave. I have the matching splashes as well.

Really can't go wrong for the price. Note: they routinely go on sale throughout the year so if you missed the Black Friday sale of 8.99USD for the four pucks ( :001_tt1: ), something will come back around.

Green today... and after the shave I literally paused and wondered if I had smelled anything. Green scent is SUBTLE in use... and actually really nice. I liked it... better than gold... but it is VERY muted in use.

Both the scents I wasn't thrilled with were much better in the shave, while the two I preferred out of the tub didn't change much in use.
Scent rankings in use:

Green
Blue
Gold
Black

Last edited:
Thanks to the Italian Barber on Black Friday, I also dove in for the 4 pack of sticks.

Haven't tried them yet, but looking forward to them.

20201201_195730-1.jpg

I have the pucks and the performance is great and the price is ridiculous. Under $3 a tub? Crazy.

The scents are just ok though. Not offensive in any way, but not memorable either.

Perfect for travel IMO.

So I picked black at random and have been using it to see how fast it gets used up... I settled into a method of soaking the puck 1-2 min, dumping the soaking water into my hand and massaging it into my beard, then do 50back and forth sweeps on the puck to load (maybe 5-8 seconds loading). I'm getting very close to top tier lather now. Still just a hair under Speick, but above Tabac.

Scent is what I expect from a shave soap... Almost background, definitely secondary to performance.... The way it should be. Its not particularly notable for anything, just a nice smell to add another nice element to the shave.

Really impressed with these soaps.

Guys is there any european store or any other way to get those sticks? Google search found only italian barber, BUT they charge 40$ of shipping for 13$ worth of soap. On the bay there is 1 stick for 12$ and 15$ of shipping...just too expensive for a soap

Guys is there any european store or any other way to get those sticks? Google search found only italian barber, BUT they charge 40$ of shipping for 13$ worth of soap. On the bay there is 1 stick for 12$ and 15$ of shipping...just too expensive for a soap
Buy a couple of their Plissoft brushes to get you to $60 and shipping is free. Or, buy some blades. They have good prices on Feather Blades. I haven’t looked at the prices on the other blades.

I literally bought $60 of the soap (28 pucks @ the Deal of the Day price) to get the free shipping. I was getting the discounted price though so it wound up being $2+tax per puck... so even though there's literally no chance I'll ever use it all shaving... It's so cheap I can use it as body soap, not because it's bad (the reason most shave soaps get used in the shower), just because I have SO MUCH.

That said, if I had any itch for any of the brushes they sold when I placed the order (for instance if they had that Jade Omega Boar brush), I'd have used that to get up to $60 instead because yeah 28 pucks of soap when I already make my own soap and still have a ton of other soap stockpiled is just unnecessary.

But yeah... with shaving soaps, it just makes sense to only order them when you get free shipping. Shipping is a huge portion of shave soap cost.

Maybe throw that TFS in the italian wine glass in for $15? That looks pretty nifty to me.

If you're a DE shaver, maybe buy some blades you like?

Guys is there any european store...
Are you in EU? Because $60 free ship is only US and Canada anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom