What's new

RazoRock Hawk

I just got my V3 standard today, but because I can't read I got the Light blades that don't work with it. :facep: :blushing: I should get the Feather Pro and Schick blades tomorrow. I'm glad I'm in the same province so I can get my orders about 2 days after placing them!

Very interested to try it since I haven't used the AC style SEs yet. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my Injector G and Injector I razors.

I just got my V3 standard today, but because I can't read I got the Light blades that don't work with it. :facep: :blushing: I should get the Feather Pro and Schick blades tomorrow. I'm glad I'm in the same province so I can get my orders about 2 days after placing them!

Very interested to try it since I haven't used the AC style SEs yet. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my Injector G and Injector I razors.
The Hawk v3 with standard SB plate with a Schick Proline or a Feather Pro are both great combinations in my limited (5 shaves with each) experience.

Did you order from IB? I got my last 2 orders next day in Whitby. Crazy fast but it usually takes no more than 3 days via UPS.

The Hawk v3 with standard SB plate with a Schick Proline or a Feather Pro are both great combinations in my limited (5 shaves with each) experience.

Did you order from IB? I got my last 2 orders next day in Whitby. Crazy fast but it usually takes no more than 3 days via UPS.

Yes, I'm in Ottawa so it has to come a little further but it's crazy fast right now for free shipping!

The blades arrived this morning so I was able to have my first shave using a Feather Pro. I have the Schick Proline as well but I wanted to try it with a blade most consider to be middle of the pack for quality for this style of blades. I found it to be much easier to use than I anticipated and it really felt almost as if my Injector I had gone on steroids and grown in size and weight. Angle was very intuitive and the shave was smooth and close. I did a two-pass shave and would rate it a bit above my Injector G for performance.

Very impressed so far, but SE razors tend to be smooth and close so I'm not surprised. I'm just surprised that the modern SEs aren't more popular in general, but I guess that's because there is so much choice available on the DE side of the house.

I also recently bought a black Hawk v2, paired with a Feather Pro blade. Does give me a very comfortable shave, but not quite as efficient and long lasting as for example my Eversharp Hydromagic with an injector Schick blade. but still very impressive and easy to use.

Have used the Hawk now for 3rd consecutive day, and it does get a bit better. Will try a Schick P30 blade in the future as well, haven’t got those yet. Will als try it with a Feather Super blade which I also have first.

I also recently bought a black Hawk v2, paired with a Feather Pro blade. Does give me a very comfortable shave, but not quite as efficient and long lasting as for example my Eversharp Hydromagic with an injector Schick blade. but still very impressive and easy to use.

Have used the Hawk now for 3rd consecutive day, and it does get a bit better. Will try a Schick P30 blade in the future as well, haven’t got those yet. Will als try it with a Feather Super blade which I also have first.

It looks like the Hawk v2 is milder than the v3, how do you find the weight? It seems like it's almost the twin of my ECO but using the AC rather than the DE blades. I might pick up one of those as well for comparison with the ECO. (Narrator: RAD claims another victim.)

It looks like the Hawk v2 is milder than the v3, how do you find the weight? It seems like it's almost the twin of my ECO but using the AC rather than the DE blades. I might pick up one of those as well for comparison with the ECO. (Narrator: RAD claims another victim.)
Solid Narration. (scene fades to black)
(we rejoin our intrepid hero) A package has arrived, as @dabrock races to the porch, yelling it’s for me.
Our whisker-clad protagonist, (didn’t shave waiting for today’s delivery) Grabs the package runs to the bathroom (scenes of an exquisite “Shave Den”) and says I’m going to be awhile...(to be continued...)

David,

Not directed at me but I have both the aluminum v2 and the SS v3 and thought I would chime in... The v2 is much lighter and definitely milder than the standard v3 razor.

I generally dislike very light DE razors, but I really like the Hawk v2. Not sure why I like the aluminum SE but can’t stand aluminum DEs. The v3 is a much better constructed and a better feeling razor, but I would happily use both in my rotation.

For $37CAD, the v2 is a no brainer backup if you like the v3 IMO. The head is substantially bigger/deeper though.

(we rejoin our intrepid hero) A package has arrived, as @dabrock races to the porch, yelling it’s for me.
Our whisker-clad protagonist, (didn’t shave waiting for today’s delivery) Grabs the package runs to the bathroom (scenes of an exquisite “Shave Den”) and says I’m going to be awhile...(to be continued...)

That narrator is too accurate lol.

David,

Not directed at me but I have both the aluminum v2 and the SS v3 and thought I would chime in... The v2 is much lighter and definitely milder than the standard v3 razor.

I generally dislike very light DE razors, but I really like the Hawk v2. Not sure why I like the aluminum SE but can’t stand aluminum DEs. The v3 is a much better constructed and a better feeling razor, but I would happily use both in my rotation.

For $37CAD, the v2 is a no brainer backup if you like the v3 IMO. The head is substantially bigger/deeper though.

Thanks for the insight! The price for the v2 is definitely easy on the wallet, and about the same as the ECO. If it wasn't for the fact that the AC blades are rarer and cost more it would be an ideal razor for a budget like the ECO seems to be. Although, the cost per shave should be reasonable on the v2 since I've heard the AC blades last at least as long as the Injector blades, which for me would be well over 20 shaves if I wanted to push every last stroke out of it.

Thanks for the insight! The price for the v2 is definitely easy on the wallet, and about the same as the ECO. If it wasn't for the fact that the AC blades are rarer and cost more it would be an ideal razor for a budget like the ECO seems to be. Although, the cost per shave should be reasonable on the v2 since I've heard the AC blades last at least as long as the Injector blades, which for me would be well over 20 shaves if I wanted to push every last stroke out of it.
I get 2 shaves out of a DE (3 max). I got 5 out of my first Feather Pro and could have likely got one more. No way I could do 20. But at even a buck a blade, $0.20 a shave isn’t terrible. I think I will get more shaves out of Schicks, but I only have 4 shaves on my current blade.

I get 2 shaves out of a DE (3 max). I got 5 out of my first Feather Pro and could have likely got one more. No way I could do 20. But at even a buck a blade, $0.20 a shave isn’t terrible. I think I will get more shaves out of Schicks, but I only have 4 shaves on my current blade.

Sounds like your beard is a lot tougher than mine. I can often squeeze over 10 shaves out of a DE, but stopped doing that since I realize I have more shaves than days left on this earth lol.

Reactions: bjm

Absolutely wonderful !!

• Love
Reactions: GNR
Let me be clear, I am very happy with my black alu v2, great razor. As some have stated, mild, but at the same time efficient. I really like the lack of weight in that razor, as opposed to my DE razors. With the lighter weight, it is very manoueverable and easier to find the correct angle. Even moren, if you hold the razor very lightly between your fingers, the correct angle will present itself to you.

As far as blades go, I have only tried a Feather Professional so far. On my 4th shave, and think will take at least 2 more, probably even moren. I do wanna try Kai and Schick AC blades as well, to find the best one for myself. I also have some Feather Pro Super blades, but not tried them yet.

For comparison, I use any DE blade for max 3 times! And I have also recently acquired a Eversharp injector, and with a Schick blade in that, I did 10 shaves (could have been a bit more if I wanted).

Top Bottom