What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .84 - Very Impressed

I have a question: why do the blades bet stuck in the head?? a bit annoying and dangerous getting the blade out of these heads

I have a question: why do the blades bet stuck in the head?? a bit annoying and dangerous getting the blade out of these heads

Combination of tight tolerances and flat blade suctioning/getting gummed to the flat baseplate. Shouldn’t be dangerous, just lift by a tab.

I haven't experienced this... at least no more difficult than any other 3 piece razor. Certainly it's not as easy to change blades as with a butterfly. Worth it for the close tolerances, as GearNoir mentioned. It's just a matter of practice.

The Gillette 7 o’clock green was the worst blade so far in the GC OC. I couldn’t safely remove that blade, it was in there pretty good. The Bic blade is easy to remove but it requires a gentle pull. Every other machined razor I own, the blades are always perfectly aligned and yet are easily removed.

The Gillette 7 o’clock green was the worst blade so far in the GC OC. I couldn’t safely remove that blade, it was in there pretty good. The Bic blade is easy to remove but it requires a gentle pull. Every other machined razor I own, the blades are always perfectly aligned and yet are easily removed.
While holding your thumb down on one of round protrusions on the base, put your index finger under the tab end of the blade and gently work it upwards. If the blade went on, it will come off, no matter how tight the fit. I had no trouble with that blade, you shouldn't either.

While holding your thumb down on one of round protrusions on the base, put your index finger under the tab end of the blade and gently work it upwards. If the blade went on, it will come off, no matter how tight the fit. I had no trouble with that blade, you shouldn't either.
Its just GC OC plate, doesn’t happen with GC 84 or mamba. Just the 84 OC plate and Mamba 70. That’s the same way I remove the blade too. What I don’t know is if it’s just the my OC plate or all of them and that’s why I mentioned the blade fit, since it could be a valid issue with my razor or the blades or both.

I guess I'll have to use tweezers to remove blades.....
It's happened w Nacet and Super Thin.... wonder what I will use next.....for sure NOT Bic... I have the same problems w Jaws but the Lupo is perfect......

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Its just GC OC plate, doesn’t happen with GC 84 or mamba. Just the 84 OC plate and Mamba 70. That’s the same way I remove the blade too. What I don’t know is if it’s just the my OC plate or all of them and that’s why I mentioned the blade fit, since it could be a valid issue with my razor or the blades or both.
I have that problem with my RR .84 SB, too.

Not a problem with my SB. The OC sticks a little. Not an issue. At worst, I flip the plate over thread side down, thumb and forefinger on the tabs and push down. Slips right off.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Recently received my new RR GC .84 OC.

Great razor.

So far I've used the Personna Israeli Platinum Red which seems to be an excellent match.

With proper attention to preparation and technique, gives a supurb shave.

Interesting. I've got the GC 0.68 and I've observed a difference in fit between blade brands. My staple blade is Shark SS and this is snug - as in no free-play - but it fits on and comes away from the posts easily enough. Same goes for a couple of other Lord blades I've tried, Derby Extra, Tesco (dunno who makes these - I've seen them linked to Personna?) and Wilkinson Sword (dunno which country of origin, but black plastic container).

However when I tried Astra SP, found the fit a bit too too snug; I almost had to press the blade onto the posts and definitely had to peel it off, actually deforming the blade in the process. I tried two blades from my sample pack and both were the same. FWIW I also considered the "well-fitting" blades to be noticeably stiffer and maybe thicker than the Astras, which were more foil-like in comparison.

Maybe I just got a bad pack of Astras, but regardless, that's what I've observed with my GC.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I am going to hand polish the posts on mine — maybe it will remove just enough of the metal to fix the issue.

Interesting. I've got the GC 0.68 and I've observed a difference in fit between blade brands. My staple blade is Shark SS and this is snug - as in no free-play - but it fits on and comes away from the posts easily enough. Same goes for a couple of other Lord blades I've tried, Derby Extra, Tesco (dunno who makes these - I've seen them linked to Personna?) and Wilkinson Sword (dunno which country of origin, but black plastic container).

However when I tried Astra SP, found the fit a bit too too snug; I almost had to press the blade onto the posts and definitely had to peel it off, actually deforming the blade in the process. I tried two blades from my sample pack and both were the same. FWIW I also considered the "well-fitting" blades to be noticeably stiffer and maybe thicker than the Astras, which were more foil-like in comparison.

Maybe I just got a bad pack of Astras, but regardless, that's what I've observed with my GC.
Man I only use Gillette blades, well and Personna from Israel....have those egiptian ones but do not like them....I guess I could stick one and see if OK. I do like the new Derby....which was also stuck in there

Made the call today. This razor is so good that it was worth buying a backup. Bought the barber pole to go along with my super knurl. Going to place my Brass Karve (AA,A,B,C) SB and Rockwell 6S up for sale and I’m canceling my Karve SS waitlist order. Finally down to 1 razor (backup doesn’t count!!). Down to 1 brush too - RR Big Bruce. Coincidentally, I have a backup of that too. Ha.

Head and face shave w RR GC OC used a Shark....was also stuck at the end...but came off after I dropped it on a towel 2". Shark irritated me (1st use)---will re try my favorite Gillette Nacet or Super thin....or else revert to Karve OC or Schick injector.
IMG_1058.jpg

My GC 84 with the radio knob handle arrived today. Fit and finish are outstanding at this price range. The radio knob handle has a bit of heft to it and it's a little too fat at the bottom to fit into my Timeless razor stand, but I love the look and feel of it.
proxy.php

I gave it a whirl with a Red Personna and some MdC lather and quickly saw what all the fuss was about. I was able to fly around my face without fear and get a two-pass BBS shave. Blade feel was on the low side, but that's the only negative I have for it and that's a very personal preference too.

This is a ridiculously easy razor to recommend.

I love my game changer is great, my wunderbar is also great, but he need more caution is a slant. I quote equal. Now I am waiting for my order à Rex ambassador. I bought a used fatboy 1960, am a bit disappointed, but I will try some sort of blades. May be my expectations are too high du to the legend I heard. Anyway I will persevere,and make you a statement soon.

I think some people click with old Gilettes and some don't. I don't and wish I did because they are beautiful. Unfortunately my Fatboy and Slim are collecting dust.

Top Bottom