What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .84 - Very Impressed

These are fabulous razors. I have The GC .84 in both the safety bar and open comb versions. They are fabulous and almost all that I use unless I feel like a retro shave with my ‘73 Super Adjustable. Yes, some of the very, very top end razors might be a little better they are certainly not 3, 4, or 5 times better. And their service is great.

Yes, some of the very, very top end razors might be a little better they are certainly not 3, 4, or 5 times better. And their service is great.
I own (or have owned) several high end razors. On average, they don’t shave any better than a stainless Razorock, but their finish is more refined (or they have a unique, artistic design). If this matters to you, you end up paying premium price. In terms of shave quality, nothing is going to shave much better than a Micromatic or your Super Adjustable.

just to add to this thread, today's mail call brought me PAA's Rabid Banana (which I HIGHLY recommend). I wanted a relaxing shave to enjoy the great fragrance so I pulled out the RR Gamechanger.84 SB with second use Astra and slipped into wonderland. The Gamechanger doesn't give me BBS shave every time but it's easily the SMOOTHEST DFS daily driver I currently own!

I now have two 84 heads and a 68 baseplate all solid bar. I've already learned my lesson about sleeping on great, inexpensive razors so I got a backup. You are bebopping along thinking "I'll get another one later" then BOOM they are gone and the used price is through the roof. Looking at you Weber.

Last edited:
I now have two 84 heads and a 68 baseplate. I've already learned my lesson about sleeping on great, inexpensive razors so I got a backup. You are bebopping along thinking "I'll get another one later" then BOOM they are gone and the used price is through the roof. Looking at you Weber.
I started with .68 SB and Radio Knob handle. Then got .68 Jaws. Then .84 SB and .84 Jaws with Super Knurl. .84 SB is favorite but wish it was a hair more efficient without losing smoothness (hence looking at Timeless and WR2)!

I started with .68 SB and Radio Knob handle. Then got .68 Jaws. Then .84 SB and .84 Jaws with Super Knurl. .84 SB is favorite but wish it was a hair more efficient without losing smoothness (hence looking at Timeless and WR2)!
I might pick up some other baseplates if I see them pop up but the 84 solid bar is a keeper for sure. I got my first one at the same time I bought my 95 polished Ti Timeless and the GC is getting way more use. The Timeless is the gorgeous girl who is pretty decent in the sack and the Gamechanger is the average-but-cute chick who gives you an amazingly great shag.

I might pick up some other baseplates if I see them pop up but the 84 solid bar is a keeper for sure. I got my first one at the same time I bought my 95 polished Ti Timeless and the GC is getting way more use. The Timeless is the gorgeous girl who is pretty decent in the sack and the Gamechanger is the average-but-cute chick who gives you an amazingly great shag.
Well said!

Agreed!!! It’s just a great shave. I might want other razors but I really don’t need anything else.

I have a hard time with slightly aggressive razors but you are 100% spot on with RazoRock- I use the DE89, but the RazoRock MJ-90A is a steel and aluminum upgrade, the .84 Game Changer I use occasionally but for me the .68 Game Changer is heaven. RazoRock uses 316 stainless and they keen prices low - Many of their razors rank as my absolute favorites! For my skin, an MJ-90A with the awesome Halo handle, the .68 Game Changer with Super Knurl, Mamba 70 and Rockwell 6S on a 3 plate are the only razors I would ever need - although as many of us do, I have dozens from all different makes!
Hey @DavidV can you expound on the shave with the MJ-90a? I have both the GC sold bars (84 and 68). They're great, but I was eyeing the 90A (stands for agressive?). How does that feel, work, etc in regard to the GC? More agressive than either / both? Efficiency?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any info you can share. [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
20210316_151818.jpeg

Earlier this week I received my RazoRock Game Changer .84.

The razor came in a box with a faux leather case and the addition of 100 Derby Premium blades courtesy of the vendor.

Today I gave the Razor its first run. I have been using a number of different razors recently each significantly different in style.

My first impression was how robust the shaver feels and how much it weighed in comparison to it relatively small size.

I used a Derby Premium blade for my first shave, mainly because the blade were free. The shave consisted of three passes. I probably could have had just 2 passes but hey. The shave was incredible smooth The Gamechanger gave good audio feedback but I would not consider it overly aggressive. leaving me feeling justified with my new purchase.

This is what I used for the Shave 18th March 2021

Pre
Proraso Green pre shave
Soap
Ariana & Evans - Vanille de Tabac
Brush
Yaqi Synthetic Fjord 26
Razor
RazoRock Game Changer .84
Blade
Derby Premium
Aftershave