What's new

R.A.F. - Rocket Addiction Fraternity

All 7 Rocket Flair Tips. Note #7 has flat end caps. #4 is Rhodium from a Travellers Set and #6 Rhodium from a TV Special Set.

IMG_3779.JPG

I've red comparisons between the American and British red tip superspeeds. How does the red tip rocket compare to the red tip SS?

Awesome set and fantastic photo right there!! Are ##4 and 6 different? Is the #4 all rhodium?

The gold one sure is purdy and different looking from the others. Well done, sir!

Thanks for the kind words. I was thrilled to be able to find all 7. I just fell into a few hard ones to find and then they all came my way. #4 and #6 are the same razor from different sets. As far as I can tell the handles are Rhodium and the head nickel. Here are the sets they came from. The leather pouch is the Traveller Set and the plastic case the TV Special. The Gold Rocket with shipper and case

IMG_4697 BB.JPG 518458-78020b115485c4a438bff9a6e7561343.jpg IMG_1518.JPG

I've red comparisons between the American and British red tip superspeeds. How does the red tip rocket compare to the red tip SS?

Well the conventional wisdom is that the Brit Rockets are slightly more aggressisve than their US conterparts. I guess I can not dispute that. I enjoy shaving with them all and rotate them in and out of my rotation monthly. One thing for certain I can attest to is that the Brit razor movement (open and close) is very smooth and solid compared to the US versions. I'll throw a wrench in this. I also have a Brit (regular) Red and Blue Tip. They do not have the Rocket Gap but look exactly like the US model except they have the obligatory pointed end caps. L to R US, Brit and Brit

IMG_4647 (1).JPG

I am familiar with the difference in opening,and I do love the British version. So slightly more agressive and smoother opening. Maybe one day i'll luck into one, but, based on what you are saying, it's not worth chasing.

Thanks for the kind words. I was thrilled to be able to find all 7. I just fell into a few hard ones to find and then they all came my way. #4 and #6 are the same razor from different sets. As far as I can tell the handles are Rhodium and the head nickel. Here are the sets they came from. The leather pouch is the Traveller Set and the plastic case the TV Special. The Gold Rocket with shipper and case

View attachment 878350 View attachment 878351 View attachment 878353

Thanks for elaborating. That travel leather case and full set of contents is a stunner. Wow.

Man, I need to get me that goldie if I can hunt down an equally nice specimen!

I am getting really curious to know if you have collected the other Rockets with the same commendable tenacity :thumbup1: - if so, share pics, please!!

Thanks for elaborating. That travel leather case and full set of contents is a stunner. Wow.

Man, I need to get me that goldie if I can hunt down an equally nice specimen!

I am getting really curious to know if you have collected the other Rockets with the same commendable tenacity :thumbup1: - if so, share pics, please!![/QUOTE

I was lucky finding most of these, right place at the right time plus having time (retired) to hunt for them. Still took me almost 2 yrs to get all 7 F-Tips.

Ok here are the other 4 Rocket Flair Tips in my collection. A Blue Tip, Red Tip, Reg Tip w/square end caps and Reg Tip w/pointed caps. I have more Rocket pics of other Rockets on my album here at B&B. "preidy"

IMG_4250.JPG IMG_0994.JPG562436-f111cecc22cb89e24b3bffec89549ccd.jpg 59FlairRocket.JPG

uu.jpg A few more. From Left to Right: 1949 Rocket; 1949 Gold Rocket; 1958 Parat; 1951 Anodized (Aluminum) Rocket; 1953/54 HD500. All cased

.xx.jpg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
AWEsome collections fellows, I have two 1950's Rockets and I very much enjoy them.Far left one & far right one as you already know.
Central Alberta razors.JPG

I'm reposting this as I never got a response on the other thread. Help anyone?

Here are a few pics of 3 Rockets I just got. They're my first Rockets and I think I have them identified.

The first pic shows 2 TV Specials flanking a 54' American FlareTip to show how much brighter the handles are in Rhodium. The second and third show a closer views. Am I correct?

The 3rd pic shows the 50's Regular Rocket. All three have Brit. Pat. 694093 inside the base plate and II stamped on the other side. I'm leaning towards calling the regular Rocket a 58' Parat.

It's a lot easier when they have cases or a date code. Thanks for your help.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm reposting this as I never got a response on the other thread. Help anyone?

Here are a few pics of 3 Rockets I just got. They're my first Rockets and I think I have them identified.

The first pic shows 2 TV Specials flanking a 54' American FlareTip to show how much brighter the handles are in Rhodium. The second and third show a closer views. Am I correct?

The 3rd pic shows the 50's Regular Rocket. All three have Brit. Pat. 694093 inside the base plate and II stamped on the other side. I'm leaning towards calling the regular Rocket a 58' Parat.

It's a lot easier when they have cases or a date code. Thanks for your help.
3rd picture is clearly a Parat from my limited knowledge, If you want a lot of good information on Rockets just type in google" MT grayling Gillette Rocket, the refined DE " . The man devoted a lot of effort into this great razor.

Top Bottom