What's new

R.A.F. - Rocket Addiction Fraternity

Finally located this section of B&B. Hence a re-thread of my former thread proposing to create R.A.F. - the Rocket Addiction Fraternity commemorating and honoring this wonderful British made mild shaver, perfect in build, looks and performance
:001_wub::a50:

A thread on the joy of trading - and a suggestion to create a Rocket Addiction Fraternity (RAF)

A3AC5134-EC0E-4DEE-AF39-26DD05D23D06.jpeg

Thanks for setting this up here. I am so in. I will post pics later. I only have one Rocket, but I think it is a great razor. I'm always looking for others. I really like the looks of the HD, and would love to get a Red Tip Rocket.

Hello all, here is my inaugural R.A.F. Shave. I hope you enjoy it.
Rocket
Feather
RazoRock Plague Doctor
VDH Badger Brush
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
image.jpeg

This shave is Budda approved.

Hello all, here is my inaugural R.A.F. Shave. I hope you enjoy it.
Rocket
Feather
RazoRock Plague Doctor
VDH Badger Brush
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
View attachment 851411
This shave is Budda approved.

Welcome to the brotherhood Jerry - perfect, so very good to have you onboard. A few more also joined through my old thread so we are growing in numbers!

You are so right, the Rocket is an awesome shaver - and looker.

Also - Very nice setup indeed you have there!! - I’ve been wondering about that Plague Doctor soap/AS - how do you find it? What does the scent smell like?

More Rocket eyecandy coming up in this thread - I’ve got a few rarities in the mail YAY!

Welcome to the brotherhood Jerry - perfect, so very good to have you onboard. A few more also joined through my old thread so we are growing in numbers!

You are so right, the Rocket is an awesome shaver - and looker.

Also - Very nice setup indeed you have there!! - I’ve been wondering about that Plague Doctor soap/AS - how do you find it? What does the scent smell like?

More Rocket eyecandy coming up in this thread - I’ve got a few rarities in the mail YAY!
Thanks for the welcome. I get a BBS every time I use mine.
I like the Plague Doctor quite a lot. I just got the after shave yesterday. It is great, they both have a light floral scent, with a hint of patchouli. The after shave has a nice amount of menthol that gives a great cooling sensation.
I look forward to seeing you new rarities, and grinding more for myself.

Hmmmm. I forgot - we need a joining ritual!

So - In this thread post a picture of your Rocket(s) and preferably also a picture of your Rocket shave today. Just follow Jerry’s great eample!

Thanks.

FB_IMG_1515894414107.jpg
My Rocket HD500 Shave results. Had a gala to attend. I shaved thus morning and i still am at DFS or better 15 or so hours later. It's my favortie vintage ever.

Way to go, Jerry. And glad to see another Feather-man here. They are my go-to blde also, use them always, for all my razors :punk:

My shave of the day was
1949 Rocket
Feather
Semogue 610
Saponificio Bignoli C (Agrumi De Mediterraneo fragrance)
B&M Reserve Cool slash

Awesome!
Thank you, I love Feathers in the Rocket, and in my 40s style Superspeeds.

Tonight's Rocket shave.
Rocket
Feather
Proraso Green
RazoRock Plissoft 22
The Local Gent's Blackmoor
image.jpeg

...Another very interesting Rocket is the Blue Tip which apparently is one of the hardest Rockets to dig up nowadays.

Check it out here alongside its Super-Speed sister (sorry for bad pic). Looks and feels (in hand) just the same, apart from the Rocket of course having the awesome mechanics that the other Rockets have too.

Is there a shave difference? - We’ll know after this weekend where I try it out for the very first time :)

A7839C2A-0C0A-4D63-BDD9-A89C96F5C8A2.jpeg

My happy Rocket family is growing - a couple of weeks ago the fine Blue Tip came in from Kentucky, and yesterday another special one - seen below in bottom row, right - the 1958 Flare Tip TV Special joined all the way from Brisbane, Australia!

Trademarks: A slightly changed knurling on the handle but more importantly, a handle plated in rhodium which makes it somewhat more shiny. Shaves exactly the same as a regular Flare Tip, though: Just perfect :001_wub:

Next projects: That elusive French HD Monobloc and a Red Tip.

Happy Rocket shaves, everybody!

C81D55AA-309F-4DCD-86C8-029EC622A177.jpeg

In case it is of interest to you I considered a monobloc I spied on the evilbay. Thought about pulling the trigger myself but think I'd get in trouble with the wife! The sale is fixed not auction just to clarify against the B &B rules

Top Bottom