What's new

R.A.F. - Rocket Addiction Fraternity

I have but one rocket and its the most common version but its still a wonderful shaver.

IMG_20190213_194004.jpg

If I'm not wrong it's a 40s England made Rocket and has the Brit. Pat. 694093 stamped inside the blade tray.

I have but one rocket and its the most common version but its still a wonderful shaver.

View attachment 952701
If I'm not wrong it's a 40s England made Rocket and has the Brit. Pat. 694093 stamped inside the blade tray.

If the knob is the same width as the handle it was British made for import to the German market and also goes by the name Parat.

The standard 40s style English Rocket that was sold elsewhere were made with a knob that was wider than the handle.

If the knob is the same width as the handle it was British made for import to the German market and also goes by the name Parat.

The standard 40s style English Rocket that was sold elsewhere were made with a knob that was wider than the handle.

Its the same width and the knob recedes up when it is unlocked.

Its the same width and the knob recedes up when it is unlocked.

You have a Parat Rocket then, either way they shave identical to a standard 40s style English Rocket. No need to seek out the other unless you are collector or you want one to have one.

You have a Parat Rocket then, either way they shave identical to a standard 40s style English Rocket. No need to seek out the other unless you are collector or you want one to have one.

Hi BBS-1,

Thanks for the info. I do want some other rockets like those with fatter handles. I actually prefer fatter then slimmer handles but the first shaves with the Parat has been pretty awesome.

Cheers!!!

Hi BBS-1,

Thanks for the info. I do want some other rockets like those with fatter handles. I actually prefer fatter then slimmer handles but the first shaves with the Parat has been pretty awesome.

Cheers!!!

What are called flare tip Rockets are a different razor from this shave wise the same with what is known as HD or LD Rockets. What makes them Rockets is the name of the sets they were sold in. The other common feature to all Rockets is way the knob moves up and down when you open and close the razor.

There are other razors with this type of knob movement but they are not Rockets if that makes sense since they were sold in different sets like some of the British Aristocrats. They would be Rocket style razors.

Hi BBS-1,

Perhaps not the flare tips, I rather get something like a HD or if possible a bulldog.
Bulldog would be an Aristocrat. Both are very much attainable, all depends what you are willing to pay.

The HD and LD are the same design, where they differ is in weight and materials, HD is made of brass and heavier in weight hence heavy duty, the LD is made of aluminum and lighter in weight hence light duty.

Either depending your preference would be a good razor to acquire next. What you need to know when buying is the weight if the razor is somewhere around 36 - 42 grams it is a LD, if 68 - 80 grams then a HD.

Bulldog would be an Aristocrat. Both are very much attainable, all depends what you are willing to pay.

The HD and LD are the same design, where they differ is in weight and materials, HD is made of brass and heavier in weight hence heavy duty, the LD is made of aluminum and lighter in weight hence light duty.

Either depending your preference would be a good razor to acquire next. What you need to know when buying is the weight if the razor is somewhere around 36 - 42 grams it is a LD, if 68 - 80 grams then a HD.

Thanks BBS-1,

Great info and let's see about getting them at decent prices as the bulldogs seems to be really expensive.
I've gotten a ton of razors already so I'm going to take it slow as to my next few acquisitions lol!

Thanks BBS-1,

Great info and let's see about getting them at decent prices as the bulldogs seems to be really expensive.
I've gotten a ton of razors already so I'm going to take it slow as to my next few acquisitions lol!

I find your Parat a gorgeous specimen - enjoy!

It looks like a Super Speed but is a Canadian Rocket. Far as I know this particular razor was never sold in any other sets. Notice how it lacks any patent info or made in the USA stamping. This one is an X1 so it was made in 1952.
rocket1.jpg rocket2.jpg rocket3.jpg

And for my next trick I am going to turn this razor into a Rocket.

crock1.jpg crock2.jpg

Add one of these
crock3.jpg

voila a rocket
crock4.jpg

This razor was sold as a Rocket in Canada and as an Aristocrat Jr in Europe and Australia. Without a case it is anyone's guess what it was sold as originally but in this instance it may really have been a Rocket. I acquired this from a Canadian without the case.

Thank you Northstonehill but its small fry compared to your rhodium razors lol.

Oh no sir! - You are very wrong, the Rockets are wonderful shavers and lookers, I adore them and have a few myself. They are more ‘industrial’ and ‘manly’ in their understated design,which is something I really appreciate. Just like a US Slim. These razors have high appeal to me :thumbup1:

I hope you liked the shaves of your HD? - I have this also and they are superb to me.

Oh no sir! - You are very wrong, the Rockets are wonderful shavers and lookers, I adore them and have a few myself. They are more ‘industrial’ and ‘manly’ in their understated design,which is something I really appreciate. Just like a US Slim. These razors have high appeal to me :thumbup1:

I hope you liked the shaves of your HD? - I have this also and they are superb to me.

Thank you buddy,

The Parat and HD have an identical heads at least to me but they are wonderful mild shavers that you that you can throw about your face and not have much to worry lol.

The unusual thing is a rocket is like a 3/4 on a slim but a 5/6 in terms of effeciency.

I only wish I could get my hands on bulldogs however, they are so much more expensive!

Thank you buddy,

The Parat and HD have an identical heads at least to me but they are wonderful mild shavers that you that you can throw about your face and not have much to worry lol.

The unusual thing is a rocket is like a 3/4 on a slim but a 5/6 in terms of effeciency.

I only wish I could get my hands on bulldogs however, they are so much more expensive!
What do you mean get your hands on bulldogs?

Best, JM

Top Bottom