What's new

Queen Charlotte Shave cream

I also got a 5 pack sampler and am greatly enjoying them! This morning after digging digging out from 15" of snow the Vostok seemed appropriate. This stuff is just so stupid cold, I was laughing while using it. Very good lather as well.

Anyone get anything other than a woody cherry pie out of the Briar? I was hoping for more pipe smoke goodness.

It's a dense cream...I load it up like a soap. It comes in a tub and doesn't squirt into a bowl...kinda like Proraso in a tub, or other dense creams (P.160, Cella, Valobra), maybe slightly denser than P.160, not as sticky.

Ordered the 5-sampler; arrived almost immediately.

But gentlemen, I need your help.

Tried the Cedar Lemongrass tonight. I simply could not get this cream to lather, or rather stay lathered.

I seemed to have lather, but when I lathered my face, the lather collapsed. Seemed to disappear right off my face. I could not even recharge the brush at that point. I tried to shave with what I had on my face, but it was rather painful. I added another dollop -- nothing !

So...please talk me through using this cream. I know it's me, not the cream.

Take a look at this video. If the lather collapses, you may be using too little cream. Feel free to PM me or e-mail me via the contact us form on my website if you need any more help.

Thank you Matt! I will tell you right off that your creams smell fantastic. And your sample tubs are certainly the biggest sample tubs I've ever seen!

Now to your helpful video. It looks like I didn't use enough cream.

I squeezed my brush and shook it nearly dry; I will now only squeeze out the water.

I did add water as shown in the video, like I usually do with my other creams and soaps.

But bottom line, I need to use more product. I must be used to seeing small almonds or something. :blink:

I don't know how I've been perusing for so long with SCAD and SSAD without having tried a QCS product. I hadn't heard about it until a recent post by
Barber-Eile about her custom order. Last night my tubs of Rose and Basilica arrived. The scent absolutely blew me away. I quickly put away my planned cream for the night's shave and cracked open the tub of Rose (after agonizing for almost 20 minutes if I wanted to try the Rose or the Basilica). Absolutely wonderful! In my head I quickly reevaluated all other soaps and creams in that I had tried and most of them went down a notch.

Your products are great, Matt. I'm already convincing myself to buy more tubs. Actually, I'm trying to make sure I don't buy one of each! I'm thinking a sampler along with a tub of Celestial Woods! :thumbup:

Okay, just broke down and ordered some samples from QCS. I've been wanting to try them for some time, but I've recently been on a buying binge (sound familiar?) and wanted to wait awhile, but alas I pulled the trigger. I ordered a bar of soap for SWMBO too, hope she enjoys it ;)

Broke out the Basilica this afternoon.

Following Matt's advice, I used a "true" almond sized snurdle, more cream than I used the first time. Also, I did not completely shake my brush dry, only squeezed the water out.

Success! Lathered quite nicely after about a minute of swirling. Added a few drops of water here and there during the shave. Had enough quality lather for 5 passes!

The scent? Basilica is outstanding! The cream itself was very protective. I had zero alum sting; I was using my 1921 New Improved with a one-shave old Astra SP.

I made my first order today. I've had dealings with Matt in the past and he is a great guy.

Picked up a tub each of Green Irish Tweed and Celestial Woods, along with a sampler with Lime, Lemongrass Sandalwood, Provence, Vostok, and Lavender.

The best part is what when I go home in a week to visit my parents, I'm driving not flying. I can take them all with me!

Used the Celestial Woods (and test lathered the others) today. The scents and performance are incredible!

The only tricky part was getting the water right, less than most creams, more than most soaps.

Fantastic shave, no irritation!

Vostok: Skin bracing, eye watering goodness.

My face was stuck in a snow bank for an hour post-shave. Loved it.

Just wanted to chime in and say that since getting QCS shave cream over two months ago I've had trouble shaving with anything else. The scents are great, the performance is great and the post shave face feel is great. It's really a well done product.

Just wanted to chime in and say that since getting QCS shave cream over two months ago I've had trouble shaving with anything else. The scents are great, the performance is great and the post shave face feel is great. It's really a well done product.

+1. I practically dream of my tub of Rose cream and find myself reaching for it anytime I'm in the bathroom, even if I'm not going to shave!

+1. I practically dream of my tub of Rose cream and find myself reaching for it anytime I'm in the bathroom, even if I'm not going to shave!

That's how I feel about the lavender.

Luckily the Celestial Woods smells a little funky in the tub, otherwise I wouldn't do anything but sniff it all day because the lather is pine bliss.

I think I need a little more practice lathering this 'croap'. Haven't managed to get much success, have tried a couple times. I'll try messing with the ratios a little more...

I was going to check out that video that Matt linked above on Youtube, but it's been removed. Any idea if it's still floating around out in the wild?

-Rob

Top Bottom