What's new

Queen Charlotte Shave cream

i just used a sample of the vostok i just got. It is a menthol blast! very close and smooth shave as well....def wanna get some of these in the future. :thumbup1:

.... Holy Cow, my face felt like being ....wet, stick my head out the window at 55 MPH, in International Falls in January......Wow what a freeze.

I am NOT the least bit surprised that you know what that feels like, Brian! :001_tt2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received my QCS Unscented shaving cream soap yesterday, and shaved with it this morning. I know tallow is great and all, but this vegan shaving cream is awesome! I was very impressed, starting with the pearly appearance in the tub, and the relative ease of whipping up an almond size dollop into plenty of rich, slick lather for a 4 pass shave, with some left over.

And with my sensitive skin, I felt no irritation, burning, or stinging, nor did I have any redness when I was finished.

I used my Merkur HD, and even used a BIC blade on it's third day of use.

This one's a winner, Matt! :thumbup1:

I have been using the rose and it took me a while to get used to the scent but I kind of like it now. Initially I thought it smelled nothing like any rose I had ever smelled but the scent kind of settled down or I got used to it, I'm not sure which. The performance though has been outstanding and that's why I stuck with it. I may give the lavender and key lime pie versions a try at some point. Great to see a new business be successful.

I can't rave enough about the greatness of QCS!

thick and protective on the 1st and 2nd passes, and super slick on the 3rd, 4th ..... as many as i want without the stingy irritation (either from the fragrance or essential oils) i get from most other creams & soaps on the buffing/ close work.

Sandalwood is tops on my shelf by far, but am also very fond of Celestial Wood and Briar. Am looking forward to sampling Vetiver, and Basilica.

Thanks, Matt for these superior cream soaps!! :thumbup:

Love the stuff and so does my wife. Glad Matt is having success and hopefully we some more goodies come out of QCS.

I finally ordered some Key Lime cream/soap a few days ago.

I used it this morning for the first time, and I can say without question it's the best lime scented cream or soap I've ever used, and I've used a bunch.

Performs and smells incredible.

I will definitely be buying more and dabbling in their other scents also!

I finally ordered some Key Lime cream/soap a few days ago.

I used it this morning for the first time, and I can say without question it's the best lime scented cream or soap I've ever used, and I've used a bunch.

Performs and smells incredible.

I will definitely be buying more and dabbling in their other scents also!

Key Lime will always be in my rotation - absolutely fantastic scent and performance. QCS Key Lime actually edged Castle Forbes Lime out of my rotation based on cost vs performance. :thumbup1: Castle Forbes Lime fans should beg, borrow or buy a sample of QCS Key Lime and see what they think.

One of my favorites as well. I used Briar for about 2 weeks straight in December, which for me, is a helluva long time to stick with one product on consecutive days!! :thumbup: I have their Celestial Woods as well, plus sample sizes of Sandalwood and Key Lime also - love their stuff!

I am hooked on the Celestial Woods and Cedarwood-Lemongrass. I want to try Basillica next. Does anyone have that one? I would love to know the thoughts on the scent.

Had the opportunity to break out my brand new tub of Celestial Woods this morning and boy, I tell you what, this might me The One. The lather was easy to build with my Semogue 830 boar, was as slick as Tabac or Speick soap, and had excellent cushion and protection. This was assessed after yesterday's mis-shave razor burn, too. And the scent- oh, the scent is spot on. So far the best pine/woods scent I've used. Nothing artificial here- not overpowering nor one-dimensional, either.

Also, it's gentle on your face- even over some mild lingering razor burn, there was no irritation at all, as I've experienced with certain other pine scented products.

Hats off to you, Matt. :thumbup:

Arrived today, Briar, Vostok, Rose, Cedarwood- Lemongrass & Celestial Woods, I can't wait to try the Rose & Briar SC, I've tried a couple of other Artisan Soaps and found the products were either poorly scented or delivered an unstable, non- cushioning and airy lather.

I do LOVE the Tallow aspect of these as Tabac is my #1 soap/ Cream choice for performance and scent. tabled the Tabac SC for mynext shave and settled on the Celestial Woods in the lead off spot in the QCS lineup followed by the Cedarwood- Lemongrass and Briar scents.

I'm saving the Rose and Vostok scents for Spring, and I'm in the process of reducing my SS& SC inventory to make room for some full size QCS SC's. Due to my participation in the 2011 Shaving Sabbatical, this purchase was not planned but worth falling off the wagon to try a Fellow Member's product which has received positive reviews & compliments.

Time to climb on the Sabbatical Wagon, holding tightly to some fine scented SC's.

Had the opportunity to break out my brand new tub of Celestial Woods this morning and boy, I tell you what, this might me The One. The lather was easy to build with my Semogue 830 boar, was as slick as Tabac or Speick soap, and had excellent cushion and protection. This was assessed after yesterday's mis-shave razor burn, too. And the scent- oh, the scent is spot on. So far the best pine/woods scent I've used. Nothing artificial here- not overpowering nor one-dimensional, either.

Also, it's gentle on your face- even over some mild lingering razor burn, there was no irritation at all, as I've experienced with certain other pine scented products.

Hats off to you, Matt. :thumbup:

+1 for sure! I'm a big fan of forest scents but find most moss/green too artificial or overpowering. Celestial Woods manages to hit it all without being overpowering. Anyone know of a good AS to go with this one?

After receiving my Key Lime, I sold my Coates lime - no need for 2 limes since I have about 20 creams anyway. Can't wait for summer so that I can really enjoy the Vostock too.

Top Bottom