What's new

Queen Charlotte Shave cream

All this silver-tongued talk about this cream-soap made get the 5 pack sampler. I have Bascilia, Briar, Rose, Lavender, and Cedarwood-Lemongrass on the way. Looking forward to trying them. I'll post some reviews with photos of the cream and lather too when I get them.

I have tried to back off on the praise of their soaps, as talk is cheap and when you are still new to a forum and saying that something is one of the best ever, well...again, talk is cheap. The Key Lime is a very solid performer, at any price point. I have two other scents, but I am holding off on opening anything new before I use up a few other items. I had given a tub of the Sandalwood to my dad and he stated that he was equally impressed. QCS is about as good as anything out there, and it is a small American company. Give them a try if you haven't.

I am hooked on the Celestial Woods and Cedarwood-Lemongrass. I want to try Basillica next. Does anyone have that one? I would love to know the thoughts on the scent.

I received the Basillica in a trade with my dad. I haven't tried it yet, and I am probably the last person to accurately describe a scent, but to me is smells kind of like saw dust. I mean that in a good way, but balsa wood was the first thought that came to mind when I took a whiff of it in the tub.

I received QCS stuff in the Saint Sue PIF. Their lavender is on par with the castle forbes I already had. I'm a huge fan of their stuff and will always keep it in rotation.

I like both the Cedarwood-Lemongrass and the Key Lime. Great scents and a great shave. :thumbup1: I will have to order a sampler of some of the other scents.

This is a seriously good product that I keep liking more with each use. It's unfair to say it's " a good value for the money" or its " a good artisan soap". A product is either good or it isn't and QCS is beyond good. I have tried many soaps and creams and while I have some other favorites I really enjoy what QCS has to offer. I have been using the rose for the last few months and samplers of 5 other scents. I will be ordering more. I really like the lavender and sandlewood but all the scents I have tried so far have been good but beyond the scent this cream just provides a great shave.

This is a seriously good product that I keep liking more with each use. It's unfair to say it's " a good value for the money" or its " a good artisan soap". A product is either good or it isn't and QCS is beyond good.

That is an excellent point. I haven't tried everything in the time that I have been wetshaving, but I have tried many of the highly-regarded products in my price range. QCS's shaving cream soaps hold their own against anything else that I have used, IMO. For the record, those products include offerings from the bigger names like AOS, COB/Proraso, C&E, Tabac, TOBS, etc. As always, YMMV, but it is a great product at a competitive price. My AD's may keep me rotating amongst the various creams and soaps available, but QCS's products will always have a spot in my den, along with those from Mama Bear and the other vendors that help support B&B.

All this silver-tongued talk about this cream-soap made get the 5 pack sampler. I have Bascilia, Briar, Rose, Lavender, and Cedarwood-Lemongrass on the way. Looking forward to trying them. I'll post some reviews with photos of the cream and lather too when I get them.
Yeah, re-reading this post made me order a 5 pack sampler myself. Heck, in less than an hour after making my order and I get an email, from Matt, thanking me for my order. I felt that was a great personal touch and something that is all too often missing nowadays. I can't wait for the order to get here and try these for myself after reading so much about them. I feel like a kid that just ordered a new toy, waiting by the mail box hopping up and down in anticipation. :thumbup:

Count me among the converted. And I agree with the above posts about it being an outstanding product in any category (artisan, corporate, british, french, american, 3Ts, etc.).

Bottom line for me a this point? IMHO this is Castle Forbes on the cheap, except with a much wider variety of delicious fragrances.

And Basilica and Celestial Woods are pretty much my new 'platinum standard' benchmark for all other creams.

High praise indeed, I realize. But I've now spent some time with these cream soaps, and I believe the praise is not bombastic, i.e. it is well deserved.

I've reviewed the Sandalwood cream.
I'm tough on Sandalwood. I like it a certain way and up until the QCS, I didn't like any Sandalwood. I was especially heart broken by Trumpers Sandalwood.
It's acutally unpleasant smelling.

The QCS Sandalwood is the best so far. But the scent is richer when the lather is made. It smells a little synthetic in the jar.

I guess that means that you all will have to pick some up and give it a try. :wink2:

Got the 5 sample set in the mail yesterday. Wow, I can't believe how cold Vostok is!! I thought Proraso was cold, but Vostok just takes it to a whole new level!! :blink::blink:

+1 for sure! I'm a big fan of forest scents but find most moss/green too artificial or overpowering. Celestial Woods manages to hit it all without being overpowering. Anyone know of a good AS to go with this one?

I just finished off a Celestial Woods shave with a splash of Pino Silvestre and it's was a fine pairing. The Pino Silvestre is fresher and crisper than the more woody Celestial Woods, and the menthol is always a nice touch. I'll need a couple more days with the Pino to feel confident writing a review of sorts, but I'll post back.

I have some Pitralon Classic on it's way as well in my never-ending pursuit for pine/woods scents.

I just finished off a Celestial Woods shave with a splash of Pino Silvestre and it's was a fine pairing. The Pino Silvestre is fresher and crisper than the more woody Celestial Woods, and the menthol is always a nice touch. I'll need a couple more days with the Pino to feel confident writing a review of sorts, but I'll post back.

I have some Pitralon Classic on it's way as well in my never-ending pursuit for pine/woods scents.

Thanks!

Got the 5 sample set in the mail yesterday. Wow, I can't believe how cold Vostok is!! I thought Proraso was cold, but Vostok just takes it to a whole new level!! :blink::blink:

Now I know I gotta get a sample pack from Matt. Hey John, what other flavors did you get?.

Clayton

Now I know I gotta get a sample pack from Matt. Hey John, what other flavors did you get?.

Clayton

Vostok, Sandalwood, Lavender, Cedarwood-Lemongrass, and Celestial Woods (which smells a little bit like Portman Square from Bullgoose Shaving; Portman Square is a Queen Charlotte Shave product by the way).

Cedarwood-Lemongrass is on tap for tomorrow morning. :thumbup1:

I just got key lime delivered, used it once.

I really really like this product! Makes for the proverbial lather explosion.

My question--is Cella about the same in its performance?

Top Bottom