What's new

Proraso Wood and Spice

I didn't look to see what country this was in but you can buy the big tubs and tubes for $10 or less just about anywhere in the states. I've always liked proraso for their value and performance so I'm not really understanding this price point unless maybe the woodsy make up comes from the Banzai tree lol.

I can find the classic proraso tubs and tubes for less than 4 dollars locally.
I don't know what's in this version that makes it pricey.
There is also a vetiver and cypress cream and both of them are designed for straight razors.At least that's what the packaging says!

There's another thread discussing this, and there's actually 3 scents altogether, a Lime, this Wood, and a Vetiver.
I'm waiting 'till I see it on that big internet place for a lower price.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I didn't look to see what country this was in but you can buy the big tubs and tubes for $10 or less just about anywhere in the states. I've always liked proraso for their value and performance so I'm not really understanding this price point unless maybe the woodsy make up comes from the Banzai tree lol.
You can buy the 150ml tubes in the US from between seven and ten dollars. The 500ml (said 400ml in another post got it confused with the 400ml aftershave) tubes for around 20 dollars. The Proraso Woods and Spice is 280ml which is a 130ml more than the 150ml tubes you are referring too, and the 500ml is 220ml more than Woods and Spice. In all though people will pay quite a bit more than twenty seven dollars for less cream/soap than the 280ml Woods and Spice Proraso is offering. Mdc 200ml comes to mind for seventy dollars. If it is a top tier and the performance is excellent for Proraso it may be worth it to some folks because ymmv.

Last edited:
That's still pricey by proraso standards. 5.2 oz of sandalwood is $7 versus 9.6 of woods and spicey for $27. I know that there are plenty of high dollar shave soaps out there but that's where I leave them and why've always bought proraso.

I love proraso products. Now I want this. Hopefully more vendors pick it up soon. I see they also have a matching cologne.

Yeah I'd like to try it but they definitely need to bring the price down or come out with a smaller tube just in case it sucks I'm not out $30.

I picked up the Cypress and Vetiver. Hadn't realized this thread existed and created a separate one. Should arrive from G&C in 1.5 weeks. Also picked up Haslinger SPA Sandalwood and 1L of Myrsol Antesol.

Enablers, enablers, enablers. You're all to blame, every single one of you. So I checked out the Gifts and Care website and ended up buying the Woods and Spice cream as well as the Cypress and Vetiver. At 17€ each the price was a bit more plalatable. I also picked up a puck of MWF and Haslinger (the seaweed one), both products that I've been wanting to try but haven't yet. It'll take about a week and a half to get to me in Ontario so my buyer's remorse will be over and I'll be free to enjoy the product. Enablers, all of you. :001_rolle

the Proraso wood and spice is very thick. It's a strong scent that lasts all day. The wood is the most prominent with a spice background, and a touch of menthol.
DSCF0110 - Edited.jpg

DSCF0107 - Edited.jpg

When they offer it in a normal sized tube for the same $10 that the others go for, I'll buy it. I can wait.......umm.......trying......I hate waiting.......no, I'm gonna wait.........

When they offer it in a normal sized tube for the same $10 that the others go for, I'll buy it. I can wait.......umm.......trying......I hate waiting.......no, I'm gonna wait.........
The $10 tube of Proraso in the US is 5.2 oz., or $1.9/oz.

This 9.2 oz. tube of Wood & Spice from Gifts & Care is $15.47, or $1.6/oz.

So it' actually cheaper, just saying.

The $10 tube of Proraso in the US is 5.2 oz., or $1.9/oz.

This 9.2 oz. tube of Wood & Spice from Gifts & Care is $15.47, or $1.6/oz.

So it' actually cheaper, just saying.

Just goes to show you how carefully I looked at pricing. I didn't, I must confess. Makes me no better than....... Ok. I won't go there. Here's the thing though. I can't use up a 9.2 oz. container of shaving cream. I'm the kind of guy who needs to use something different every day. I'd go to my grave and still never use it up. I'll wait for the tube and am willing to pay more on a price per ounce basis than buy more than I can ever use. In the end, I'd be spending more when taking into account the product left over that ends up in the trash.

Top Bottom