What's new

Proraso Wood and Spice

To my nose the Wood & Spice scent is a more complex and refined version of the Red Sandalwood. The other day I combined the Red pre-shave with the Wood & Spice cream and they matched up nicely. :thumbup1:
I almost feel like the new lineup is analogous to the old lineup with respect to the colors and names. Cypress & Vetyver is a very green fragrance but it still goes well with the eucalyptus and menthol of the green cream. Wood & Spice is sweet with a strong saffron note but it complements the sandalwood of the red cream. I haven't tried Azur Lime yet but I wonder if it will work with the blue cream. I'm a little unsure based on the scent descriptions since to me, the blue cream smells like amber with a tiny bit of musk while Azur Lime is described as citrus and mint.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Blue scent. It just smells like soap to me, but YMMV! I love the White and Red.

I asked the good people at Maggard if they would be offering samples of the new Proraso Single Blade scents, since I don't want to spend $20 on something I may or may not like. They said "not at this time." Maybe if enough of us ask, they will change their mind.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Blue scent. It just smells like soap to me, but YMMV! I love the White and Red.

I asked the good people at Maggard if they would be offering samples of the new Proraso Single Blade scents, since I don't want to spend $20 on something I may or may not like. They said "not at this time." Maybe if enough of us ask, they will change their mind.

I'm with you on that. I need samples before I spend $20 on that much cream.

So, I've been wearing the Wood and Spice for a couple of weeks now, and I've been told by a co-worker that it's too strong. I use one pump on my shirt and one pump on my wrist/neck because they're hotspots. I'm thinking of just doing the wrist/neck. I guess I'm just not used to having cologne that actually works. Am I really "that guy" who uses too much, or is this stuff just that strong? I love the scent, but I don't want to offend others. Anyone else getting this kind of feedback?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've worn the cologne many times and I have never once had a comment about it. Nobody has noticed it on me. I only catch occasional whiffs of the cologne on myself throughout the day. Nothing wrong with the cologne as this is typically how it is with every single modern cologne that I've ever tried.

I've had family visiting very often recently and surely one of them would have made a comment if they smelled anything since I don't expect my work colleagues to say anything unless the scent is particularly offensive. None of my family members have ever noticed the scent however. I've used anywhere from 2 to 3 sprays on my neck. I find the Cypress cologne to be a bit stronger but no one notices that on me either.

Just tried the new Proraso wood and spice, with thanks to Gifts and Care.
Outstanding, IMO. My nose is untrained, but seemed to detect oud as well.
Same great Proraso performance.
Bit strange handling the large floppy tube.

proraso wood spice omega filarmonica july 8 2017.jpg

Just tried the new Proraso wood and spice, with thanks to Gifts and Care.
Outstanding, IMO. My nose is untrained, but seemed to detect oud as well.
Same great Proraso performance.
Bit strange handling the large floppy tube.

View attachment 802606

Lol the tube(bag?) does seem kind of strange, and I've thought of picking up a large tub and transferring the cream into it. I've only got the Cypress & Vetiver in the cream and aftershave so far, but will likely pick up the other two, if the Azur Lime ever comes back in stock.

Lol the tube(bag?) does seem kind of strange, and I've thought of picking up a large tub and transferring the cream into it. I've only got the Cypress & Vetiver in the cream and aftershave so far, but will likely pick up the other two, if the Azur Lime ever comes back in stock.

IIWM, I wouldn't bother transferring. That would waste some cream. Unless you want to create some small sample tubs. Working from the bag tube is ok.

I've seen those giant 500ml tubes at Pasteur's. I've often wondered if they were intended for some kind of wall mounted dispenser that Proraso sells to barber shops in Italy. They look very similar to the bags of hand soap that go into dispensers in public bathrooms.

Top Bottom