What's new

Proraso tube vs tub

Is there any difference in performance or lathering between Proraso creams in a tube vs a tub? I'm getting cloes to finishing a tube of Proraso green in a tube and want to try the white. I'm just not sure if there's any real difference between getting it in a tube or a tub. Is there any difference? Do you any of you have a preference?

I've used the Red in both the tube and the tub and best I can tell, the only difference is that the tube has more water content, so less hydration needed to get it to the right consistency. Once lathered I can't tell a difference. Since they're both the same net weight I assume you're getting more soap for your money with the tub.

Same here. I've used pretty much every product they make over the years and detect no real difference between formats other than how they lather. Once they're on your mug, it's same-same.

BTW, my preference is for the tubes but it's purley sentimental. A tube of Proraso green was my first DE shave many moons ago. Lathering that stuff up is almost purely muscle memory for me now.

If you only use it occasionally then the wider surface area of the tub has a higher chance of spoiling. Happened to me with a tub of Red. Other than that, as said above, same base different water content.

I prefer the tube of Proraso Green cream. It may be my imagination, but to me the 'cream' gives me more of the Eucalyptus and Menthol 'feel'. Both products 'foam up' equally well. I use it in conjunction with Proraso Green Pre-Shave. I love the way both products make my skin feel afterwards. JMHO, YMMV.

b/r

ON_1

Attachments

• 20230104_161552.jpg
    20230104_161552.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230110_112839.jpg
    20230110_112839.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 19
They are EXACTLY the same product with different consistency*.

*Statement coming straight from the manufacturer, Luvodivo Martelli Company in Florence - Italy.
Marco

Do you know which on was around first, the tube cream or the Tub soap?

Or did Proraso introduce them both at the same time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco

Do you know which on was around first, the tube cream or the Tub soap?

Or did Proraso introduce them both at the same time.
Sir, the very first Proraso product is the pre-shave cream. After that they introduced the soft shaving cream in metal tube. For a certain period they also had a hard soap in stick, which was discontinued shortly after its introduction.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
They are EXACTLY the same product with different consistency*.

*Statement coming straight from the manufacturer, Luvodivo Martelli Company in Florence - Italy.
The company's name is LUDOVICO MARTELLI. A typing mistake. My apologizes.

Top Bottom