What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

I bid on that one as well. The only reason I didnt bid higher was because I was uncertain of it's origin. Let us know how you like it.

Jim

My latest is a H. Diamond that I have not seen before on the boards.
It is full 7/8 unlike the typical 13/16 size. It is double bellied and has practically no hone wear.
The blade was in great shape and buffed very nicely.
Scales are stabilized Hawaiian Ribbon figured Coa.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not all Japanese Razors but mainly Kamisoris!

proxy.php

top left to right:Inoue Tosuke Inox, got this NOS while i was stropping the original grip got broken and i changed it to a blue rubber grip; Brian Brown 8/8" with twisted handle. This is one of my best kamisoris!

middle row: a razor i made of a solinger western style razor. It had a crack on the beginning of the blade. I saved it making a kamisori out of it :D; Feather AC Dx, Feather clone from Samsung

on bottom: Inoue Tosuke between 7/8" and 15/16" this is really rare in this size; Henkotsu size 1; Takami 7/8" which i got with the feather dx from Telly; Koraat Custom 8/8"; Takami 8/8" which has a really strange grind, it is almost full hollow and feels like it is. behind the text i'll put another picture of the grind; Henkotsu size 2, got this NOS had to hone it without taped spine because it got bit small cause it had a chip :(; Ken Powell custom symetrical grind 10/8"; Henkotsu size 3, its a bit over 8/8"; and last but not least 9/8" Henkotsu which is by far my best kamisori.

My latest is a H. Diamond that I have not seen before on the boards.
It is full 7/8 unlike the typical 13/16 size. It is double bellied and has practically no hone wear.
The blade was in great shape and buffed very nicely.
Scales are stabilized Hawaiian Ribbon figured Coa.

proxy.php

Dear god that's beautiful. Speechless..

Koyei razor, got it NOS but the scales were busted so I made horn scales for it.

Attachments

• $IMG_5745.jpg
    $IMG_5745.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 472
  • $IMG_5744.jpg
    $IMG_5744.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 473
Daishi Tamahagane Kamisori Grind
It is now paired with a wedge Daishi that I have.

Attachments

• $IMG_6140.jpg
    $IMG_6140.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 336
  • $IMG_6146.jpg
    $IMG_6146.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 336
Well here's three of my japanese best shavers. a Fon Golden Star, a Towa and my Feather AC - SS. All made and ground in Japan.

Jamie.

proxy.php

Your Feather looks like the blade isn't installed fully. Is it actually like that? I only ask because I have the non-folding and there's no blade exposure like that on mine.

Maybe it's a case of we are using different blades, i know the Feather light blade sits more deeply into the razor than the current blade i use the Feather Pro, setting the blade is something i alway double check it just needs to be slightly pushed back from the toe into the razor, so i would say we are probably using different blades.

Jamie.

Your Feather looks like the blade isn't installed fully. Is it actually like that? I only ask because I have the non-folding and there's no blade exposure like that on mine.
I guessing you mean part of the blade coming out of the front
Maybe it's a case of we are using different blades, i know the Feather light blade sits more deeply into the razor than the current blade i use the Feather Pro, setting the blade is something i alway double check it just needs to be slightly pushed back from the toe into the razor, so i would say we are probably using different blades.

Jamie.
I think he means the front.

Top Bottom