What's new

Post your Favourite 5 soaps and let your fellow B&Bers recommend another soap for you to try!

My shave drawer might burst but here we go!

Seville
Castle Forbes Lime
Declaration Grooming Contemplation
Black Ship Thomas Tew
MDC Fougere

1) de vergulde hand
2) Tabac tallow
3) proraso red
4) fine american barber
5) Hasslinger Schafmilch

So guys….. what should be next for me? Thinking about a ck-6 or a kaizen base, but i am open for guidance 😄
I used Kaizen for the first time two days ago. Soap guru @RayClem advised it, and some other soaps. Great soap.
Still: nothing beats Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite for me.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My shave drawer might burst but here we go!

Seville
Castle Forbes Lime
Declaration Grooming Contemplation
Black Ship Thomas Tew
MDC Fougere

Looks like your a citrus fan...spefically, orange citrus. Try Barrister and Mann Nordost.

Stirling (all of them have 8) … noble otter (only tried two kings but I consider them close to Stirling ) … Vito’s (both red and green) …cella the brick 🧱.. this one was a tough call because a couple could have gone here but … razorock what the puck gold puck ….

Stirling (all of them have 8) … noble otter (only tried two kings but I consider them close to Stirling ) … Vito’s (both red and green) …cella the brick 🧱.. this one was a tough call because a couple could have gone here but … razorock what the puck gold puck ….
Looking at your list I would suggest...

maybe waiting awhile since you already have enough soap to last 8+ years!

:biggrin:

In no particular order.

Captain's Choice Bay Rum
Stirling's Stirling Gentleman
Proraso red
PdP 63
Heritage Hill sandalwood

Captain's Choice and Stirling are about tied for largest portion of my soaps. I have multiple scents from both and they are both forum favorites and are better priced soaps. Proraso red, especially in the tube, works every single time and will give a good lather no matter what. PdP is cheap, smells great, and works wonderfully. Heritage Hill comes out with a very rich and soothing lather---must be the added butters.

I've got a bath soap from Klar. And even though it's for men it doesn't smell very masculine. I never tried their shaving soaps though. How is the scents?
There are several scents available, I've tried the Classic and the Sandalwood. Have not tried Sport & Lemongrass. Classic is a spicy citrus & leather type scent. I'd say it's masculine, but not overbearing & not a cologne dupe. Sandalwood is similar, with a more woody note to it instead of leather.

I really like the lather from this soap, it works well for me. The tin is small, so I put the soap into a shaving mug, it's much easier to use that way. Also, this soap is really dense & lasts a long time.

Last edited:
Løthur grooming tears
SV Felce aromatica
Fitjar Islands Havn
MDC Fougere
A&E vetimore shave butter
Caties bubbles marche du rasage

In no particular order:

MdC Vetyver
SV Desert Vetyver
C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge
B&M Reserve Fern
A&E Which One's Pink
If you're a Vetiver/fougere fan, and a fan of A&E their Vetiver Magnifique is really good. It reminds me of Guerlain. Also Shannon's soaps forest city Fern is a nice fairly dark fougere.

My favorite soaps (in no particular order) :

Stirling Duke
Barrister and Mann Hallows
Tabac Original (Tallow)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Arko / Williams / Speick (I like these three the same)

@Barbarian80

I concur with Tabac x 5, but what happened to your love for B&M Omnibus base?
If you don't mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom