What's new

Post your Favourite 5 soaps and let your fellow B&Bers recommend another soap for you to try!

Hey all!

I thought this might be fun and a good way to get some soap recommendations you might not have on your radar.

Just post your favourite 5 soaps and other B&Bers will reply with recommendations of other soaps they think you may like. Please reply to others if you have a good recommendation as well.

My top 5…

- B&M Paganinis Violin
- Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Pre de Provence No. 63
- Canada Unscented Soap
- Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional

What am I missing that I should try?

Lets see some of your Top 5 lists!

I will go with :

B&M Nordost
Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Stirling Baker Street
Declaration Grooming 88 Chestnut Street
Lothur grooming Tears

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Here are 5 nice soaps or creams that work for myself and reasonably priced.

1/ Razorock, "Santa Maria del Fiore", nice mild vanilla with mild tobacco scents with excellent lather qualities.
2/ Razorock, "The Dead Sea", nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
3/ Cyril R Salter, Indian Sandal wood cream, great scent with excellent lather qualities. TOBS is another good Sandal wood if your looking for Sandalwood soap IMO.
4/ Speick Stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled and lasts for some time.
5/ Ach Brito, "Lavanda cream", Mild scent with excellent lather qualities. It took about 3 shaves to really enjoy this stuff, Lavender what is there not to like about it.

Have some great shaves!

Hey all!

I thought this might be fun and a good way to get some soap recommendations you might not have on your radar.

Just post your favourite 5 soaps and other B&Bers will reply with recommendations of other soaps they think you may like. Please reply to others if you have a good recommendation as well.

My top 5…

- B&M Paganinis Violin
- Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Pre de Provence No. 63
- Canada Unscented Soap
- Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional

What am I missing that I should try?

Lets see some of your Top 5 lists!
I suggest you try Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli and/or Haslinger Honig (Honey).

I will go with :

B&M Nordost
Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Stirling Baker Street
Declaration Grooming 88 Chestnut Street
Lothur grooming Tears
You should try a Southern Witchcrafts soap. Necromantic or Pomona would probably work for you - they're on the sweeter/fruity side of things.

In no particular order:

MdC Vetyver
SV Desert Vetyver
C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge
B&M Reserve Fern
A&E Which One's Pink

Here are 5 nice soaps or creams that work for myself and reasonably priced.

1/ Razorock, "Santa Maria del Fiore", nice mild vanilla with mild tobacco scents with excellent lather qualities.
2/ Razorock, "The Dead Sea", nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
3/ Cyril R Salter, Indian Sandal wood cream, great scent with excellent lather qualities. TOBS is another good Sandal wood if your looking for Sandalwood soap IMO.
4/ Speick Stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled and lasts for some time.
5/ Ach Brito, "Lavanda cream", Mild scent with excellent lather qualities. It took about 3 shaves to really enjoy this stuff, Lavender what is there not to like about it.

Have some great shaves!
My favorite Lavender - and for me a good performer - is Barrister & Mann Lavender Reserve. Now in Omnibus, so I can't speak to the exact soap available, but most people seem to really like the new base.

In no particular order:

MdC Vetyver
SV Desert Vetyver
C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge
B&M Reserve Fern
A&E Which One's Pink
You should really try Cyril Salter Vetiver. Different than MdC and SV, but still a big scent. I keep going back and forth between MdC, Eufros Vetiver de Haiti, and CS Vetiver for my favorite.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My favorite Lavender - and for me a good performer - is Barrister & Mann Lavender Reserve. Now in Omnibus, so I can't speak to the exact soap available, but most people seem to really like the new base.
Good to know, Thanks. I was using Razorock Lavender and really like the croap, nice masculine scent of lavender with outstanding lather qualities but they discontinued it because it was not a good seller from what I understand. I should of stocked up more I'm on my 3rd tub & then looking for a alternative.

Today's top 5 (in alphabetical order):

Barrister & Mann - Lavanille
Declaration Grooming - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Ethos Grooming - Melange di Agrume
MdC - Original
Southern Witchcrafts - Fougere Nemata

Good to know, Thanks. I was using Razorock Lavender and really like the croap, nice masculine scent of lavender with outstanding lather qualities but they discontinued it because it was not a good seller from what I understand. I should of stocked up more I'm on my 3rd tub & then looking for a alternative.
RR Essential Oil of Lavender was my measuring standard when I went through a bunch of lavenders a few years ago. I like the Ach Brito scent, but the cream sometimes feels a little too heavy to me. Ethos and Castle Forbes are other lavenders that I also really like, and Sudsy Soapy Lavender and Peppermint and MdC are lavender blends that I enjoy.

S

Scrubby

1) de vergulde hand
2) Tabac tallow
3) proraso red
4) fine american barber
5) Hasslinger Schafmilch

So guys….. what should be next for me? Thinking about a ck-6 or a kaizen base, but i am open for guidance 😄

Only five?
1. Aqua di Parma
2. Baume BE (cream)
3. MdC Original
4. Mitchells Wool Fat
5. Saponificio Varesino Cubebe

Honourable mention:
6. Fitjar Islands (cream)
7. Musgo Real (cream)

I have not included only items that are currently in production. My advise is that everyone try Baume BE cream and the matching balm.

Top Bottom