What's new

Post your Favourite 5 soaps and let your fellow B&Bers recommend another soap for you to try!

As a new guy to this sport, I love this thread and would love some suggestions for where I might want to go next.

Top 5:
PdP 63
AdP
Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary
Proraso Wood and Spice
ToBS Sandalwood

Sorry for being 'extra' here...especially with my first post. I'm not usually 'that guy'. I am digging the 'sample' options out there and have just about 40 samples and regular format soaps. Early days for me, but I'm finding that against my best manly judgement, I tend to like the more fragrant soaps and not digging the leather/tobacco/old school barbershop scents as much.

Notable Mid-Field:
SM del Fiore
Proraso Red
RR New York
Catie's Bubbles La Terre Verte
RR XX
RR Plague Doctor
RR Dead Sea
RR Green Label
B&M Terror
MdC Argumes
MdC Rose
SV Dolomiti
B&M Seville (LOVE the balm more than the soap!)
Tabac

Ones I can't seem to get my head around and will likely offer up for trade:
B&M Lavanille
B&M Full Measure
B&M Chesire
B&M Cologne Russe
Catie's Bubbles Tonsorium
RR Son of Zeus
RR Zi Peppino
RR Chicago
RR Emporer
RR Alchemy
RR Santal Royale
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Cella Blue
Maggard Tobacco & Leather

If by chance anyone is still reading (doubtful), I'm thinking Noble Otter needs to be my next round of acquisitions but am open to other suggestions!

I tend to like good-performing soaps that have more natural scents. Not complex cologne or perfume-like scents - SV in particular are not my thing - but pleasant scents from nature that are authentically executed and distinctive.

1. MdC Rose
2. MdC Vetyver
3. B&M 42
4. Acqua di Parma
5. Ethos Lavender

That said, I recently acquired the Paolo Barrasso Blue and Red soaps that @guitarslinger recommended and they are rather lovely barbershop scents that really do evoke the feeling of a traditional barber shop. I guess I want soaps and fragrances to transport me or evoke a calm feeling that reminds me of happy experiences. Is anyone aware of a chamomile scented soap? Something like might be perfect for me. But any suggestions are welcome.

I tend to like good-performing soaps that have more natural scents. Not complex cologne or perfume-like scents - SV in particular are not my thing - but pleasant scents from nature that are authentically executed and distinctive.

1. MdC Rose
2. MdC Vetyver
3. B&M 42
4. Acqua di Parma
5. Ethos Lavender

That said, I recently acquired the Paolo Barrasso Blue and Red soaps that @guitarslinger recommended and they are rather lovely barbershop scents that really do evoke the feeling of a traditional barber shop. I guess I want soaps and fragrances to transport me or evoke a calm feeling that reminds me of happy experiences. Is anyone aware of a chamomile scented soap? Something like might be perfect for me. But any suggestions are welcome.
Extro cosmesi makes a chamomile soap. Really great stuff.

@PedroD It doesn't appear that you've discovered Stirling yet. They have generous sample sizes.
@Stinkykid I'm with you on the fragrant/perfumed stuff. I don't like them. I'm looking forward to getting MdC Rose this year.

Looking for a suggestion. Tobacco leaf pre-cured. That is, not pipe or Havana cigar or ash or vanilla or cherry, but what you'd smell on the tobacco farm.

As a new guy to this sport, I love this thread and would love some suggestions for where I might want to go next.

Top 5:
PdP 63
AdP
Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary
Proraso Wood and Spice
ToBS Sandalwood

Sorry for being 'extra' here...especially with my first post. I'm not usually 'that guy'. I am digging the 'sample' options out there and have just about 40 samples and regular format soaps. Early days for me, but I'm finding that against my best manly judgement, I tend to like the more fragrant soaps and not digging the leather/tobacco/old school barbershop scents as much.

Notable Mid-Field:
SM del Fiore
Proraso Red
RR New York
Catie's Bubbles La Terre Verte
RR XX
RR Plague Doctor
RR Dead Sea
RR Green Label
B&M Terror
MdC Argumes
MdC Rose
SV Dolomiti
B&M Seville (LOVE the balm more than the soap!)
Tabac

Ones I can't seem to get my head around and will likely offer up for trade:
B&M Lavanille
B&M Full Measure
B&M Chesire
B&M Cologne Russe
Catie's Bubbles Tonsorium
RR Son of Zeus
RR Zi Peppino
RR Chicago
RR Emporer
RR Alchemy
RR Santal Royale
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Cella Blue
Maggard Tobacco & Leather

If by chance anyone is still reading (doubtful), I'm thinking Noble Otter needs to be my next round of acquisitions but am open to other suggestions!
I really like Noble Otter Lonestar and The Noir et Vanille. I don't see any Ariana & Evans/The Club in your lists. A&E makes very fragrant soaps--I like Chasing The Dragon and Tibetan Temple in the new K2e base, among others. I don't see any Stirling in your lists. There is a lot to choose from and they have large samples available at a reasonable price. I like Baker Street and Bergamot Lavender. Check out Declaration Grooming--they still have the classic Yuzu Rose Patchouli and look at Tallow & Steel Sicily. I would say that is more than enough suggestions.

I had to laugh at your mention of B&M The Full Measure of Man. With its syrupy scent, that has to be among the worst soap scents I have encountered.

Last edited:
Many thanks. I will definitely try that. And EU makes the shipping/customs so much easier for me. Any other Extro Cosmesi flavours I must try while I’m at it? I hate going shopping and buying only one thing.
Oh man, you’re going to open a can of worms. There are soooooooo many extro scents.
My faves:
Licorice and magnolia
Baracco (for spring time)
Absinthe
Republic of genova
Ezpecial (for cold weather)
Isola (for hot weather)

There are some other really good ones that sadly burn me.
17th stormo
Camelot
Rivoluzione

Oh man, you’re going to open a can of worms. There are soooooooo many extro scents.
My faves:
Licorice and magnolia
Baracco (for spring time)
Absinthe
Republic of genova
Ezpecial (for cold weather)
Isola (for hot weather)

There are some other really good ones that sadly burn me.
17th stormo
Camelot
Rivoluzione
Brilliant. That’s very kind of you. The licorice/magnolia definitely sounds like something I would enjoy, so I will start there, along with the chamomile.

Goodfellas smile - Abysso
Proraso - Red (Azur Lime would be here as well for scent but only available in cream...)
PAA - Agartha
PAA - Sandalwood science supreme
Captain's Choice - Land Ho!

My current top 5:

SV Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
SV Manna di Sicilia Beta 4.3
RazoRock Plague Doctor
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
La Toja

Do you have Speick stick? I bet you would love Palmolive stick as well. Palmolive is discontinued but still can be found.

1) Ramblin man - Sterling
2) Seville - B and M
3) Dolomiti - SV
4) Frankensense and myrrh - Sterling
5) Cedarwood - Mikes Natural Soaps

Lookin for a summer scent.

Do your worst random B and B’ers
Get Stirling Strawberry Lemonade; definitely represents summer!

marty

While I'm here:

1. Tallow Tabac
2. Stirling ( Strawberry Lemonade & Executive Man) - only named 2 of many.
3. DR Harris Arlington
4. MdC (Original, Agrumes)
5. Floris JF

marty

This is always a fun thread, I'll add my top 5 bases.
1) Ethos
2) MdC
3) Pannacrema Nuavia
4) Declaration Grooming newest base
5) SV

Or if you want specific soaps:
1) Ethos Lavender
2) Ethos Greenfresh
3) Ethos Colonia
4) MdC Fougere
5) Pannacrema Nuavia Verde

Top Bottom