What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

Have a nice yucky black toenail on one of my big toes, after a day of squirrel hunting in sopping wet boots on very steep and rough terrain about a month ago. I hope not to lose the nail entirely, but I notice that the end of the nail is starting to break and splinter. Not a good sign. If that nail falls out entirely I will be dealing with it for the next year. There's always something to deal with...

Have a nice yucky black toenail on one of my big toes, after a day of squirrel hunting in sopping wet boots on very steep and rough terrain about a month ago. I hope not to lose the nail entirely, but I notice that the end of the nail is starting to break and splinter. Not a good sign. If that nail falls out entirely I will be dealing with it for the next year. There's always something to deal with...
Did it fall off?

I started doing serious kettlebell stuff, Simple and Sinister and various other kettlebell training, and my shoulders and lower back are unbelievable now.
love it....keep us posted with any tips that can help us avoid or improve pain management..

I’m 34 and a bit of a wreck! I have worn out the cartilage behind both knee caps, apparently caused by the pressure created when riding fast in short stirrups cross country! I have a right shoulder that I dislocated about 15 years ago falling off a van roof (long story!) that likes to pop out, it came out last week throwing a ball for the dog
Add to that various broken ribs and fingers from horses and rugby, I’m not a prime specimen.

All that said, I find that working out is a great help, as it stops me from stiffening up, I wear knee supports to run and work out, and also for jump riding now. They seem to help. I also take the occasional Pilates class for suppleness, and find a good sports massage useful!

As I say most of my wear and tear stems from this!

Attachments

• A2E58189-4344-4E1C-98FB-F376D98341B3.jpeg
    A2E58189-4344-4E1C-98FB-F376D98341B3.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
Post your nagging injury and how you overcome the issue to do or continue your exercise.

I have a reconstructed left ankle that reeks havoc on me. Sometime I just don't want to workout because of it. After a few miles of running I just fight through the pain

View attachment 594201

View attachment 594202
I have a partially torn, partially ruptured Achilles tendon with an evulsion (bone separation) at the heel of my right foot. My sporting life is mostly memories. But there is some hope I can ski with my grandson.

I’m 34 and a bit of a wreck! I have worn out the cartilage behind both knee caps, apparently caused by the pressure created when riding fast in short stirrups cross country! I have a right shoulder that I dislocated about 15 years ago falling off a van roof (long story!) that likes to pop out, it came out last week throwing a ball for the dog
Add to that various broken ribs and fingers from horses and rugby, I’m not a prime specimen.

All that said, I find that working out is a great help, as it stops me from stiffening up, I wear knee supports to run and work out, and also for jump riding now. They seem to help. I also take the occasional Pilates class for suppleness, and find a good sports massage useful!

As I say most of my wear and tear stems from this!
Will, didnt you ever get surgery or any rehab from all these injuries...it must be nagging as heck to even breath properly i bet...

I have a partially torn, partially ruptured Achilles tendon with an evulsion (bone separation) at the heel of my right foot. My sporting life is mostly memories. But there is some hope I can ski with my grandson.
some hope?.....do u plan on getting surgery?

Will, didnt you ever get surgery or any rehab from all these injuries...it must be nagging as heck to even breath properly i bet...

Not yet, I have been self employed for the last few years, so no work = no money! I may look into having the shoulder repaired at some point. The knees are more difficult as apparently my only option is a knee replacement, and I’m about 20 years too young for that!

Not yet, I have been self employed for the last few years, so no work = no money! I may look into having the shoulder repaired at some point. The knees are more difficult as apparently my only option is a knee replacement, and I’m about 20 years too young for that!
For the knees, isn't there a point where age doesn't matter?

For the knees, isn't there a point where age doesn't matter?
I’m not sure, at the moment I wear the rheband knee supports with the hole for the kneecap to workout, ride and sometimes for work if my knees are bad. These make a real difference.

L4l5 lumbar fusion last January. Had 2 discectomies 1 month before....

Up to 90-95%. Much better shape than before the surgeries. Walking 2-5 miles daily. Less on pt days more on days without pt. I still have some soreness and stiffness. Im very happy to be active now. I wasn’t for 6 months prior to my operations.

It is bad injury. I have been rehabbing for years. The surgery is likely to produce a permanent limp.
I am trying to avoid that.

Top Bottom