What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

Shoulder injuries seem to be the bane of weightlifting. At the suggestuon of my physical therapist, I have given up doing any overhead presses completely, and am very careful and cautious with bench and incline bench presses. The pain and limited mobility simply aren't worth it. I will leave the military presses and heavy bench work to the younger bucks.
i do inclined, that seems to work for me

Shoulder here and occasional tendinitis. When the shoulder gets too painful, I try to take some time off, but i do power through it some days. I heavy lift and just can’t stop. Powerlifting in my youth contributed to knee issues now. No more squats. Still bench/incline/military heavy. Like the result, probably going to pay for it too one day.

I have a bunion on my left foot on the big toe joint. Freaking sucks. Instead of trail running I’m now limiting my cardio to biking and elliptical. Sad thing is it hurts sometimes when I do those as well. I don’t want to do the surgery because I’ve heard of horror stories where they end up worse off afterwards. But I’m also resigned to the idea I’ll probably have to do it anyway.

Shoulder here and occasional tendinitis. When the shoulder gets too painful, I try to take some time off, but i do power through it some days. I heavy lift and just can’t stop. Powerlifting in my youth contributed to knee issues now. No more squats. Still bench/incline/military heavy. Like the result, probably going to pay for it too one day.
Why not just reduce weight with more intense reps, you will feel it wth less pain.

I have a bunion on my left foot on the big toe joint. Freaking sucks. Instead of trail running I’m now limiting my cardio to biking and elliptical. Sad thing is it hurts sometimes when I do those as well. I don’t want to do the surgery because I’ve heard of horror stories where they end up worse off afterwards. But I’m also resigned to the idea I’ll probably have to do it anyway.
How many doctors advice have you had?

Why not just reduce weight with more intense reps, you will feel it wth less pain.
Again, like the results. Cannot maintain size with a different routine. I’ll use the less weight/more intense reps to shake things up every now and then, but to stay as big and powerful, I need to lift heavy.

Again, like the results. Cannot maintain size with a different routine. I’ll use the less weight/more intense reps to shake things up every now and then, but to stay as big and powerful, I need to lift heavy.
Also, faster reps can add size

still recovering and rehab after broken ankle last summer, July 2017.
about 90% now.
calf muscle still has a little way to go.

proxy.php

Left rotator cuff. Took two years of self rehab but still hurts, depending on whatever. I can knock out 50 push ups now but could barely move my arm for two months. It took a long time to work back to that.

Morton's Neuroma resulting from a Plantar strain. I can't stop walking / hiking despite the pain. New orthotics should help.

Left rotator cuff. Took two years of self rehab but still hurts, depending on whatever. I can knock out 50 push ups now but could barely move my arm for two months. It took a long time to work back to that.
how did it happen?

Top Bottom