What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

Thanks Marty. I've been very happy with my RazorRock Plissoft 24 for a while now, and am looking forward to the Silvertip. I've only been enjoying this wonderful hobby since August, and the new Plissoft Silvertip will be my fifth brush. Simpson Special Best, Simpson Colonel X2L, Semogue 610 boar, and the RazoRock Plissoft 24 are my others. Gee whiz, this is fun !
That is an awesome lineup already but let me tell you the journey never ends, especially when you have all these great companies releasing new and interesting products every few months. Glad you're loving the hobby I wish you many great shaves my friend.

Pic from Shavemac website.
$2229_0.jpg

Just ordered. Shavemac silvertip 2 band. 23mm knot, 48mm loft. Blue 173 style handle. Hopefully it's my face lathering dream. I also have 3 NOS Semogues coming in from Portugal. 2 "barrel type" handles and one smooth half painted. What a way to start 2017. On a brush bender. :laugh: Great thread!

$s-l16001.jpg

Seller's pics.

Last edited:
Pic from Shavemac website.
View attachment 714420

Just ordered. Shavemac silvertip 2 band. 23mm knot, 48mm loft. Blue 173 style handle. Hopefully it's my face lathering dream. I also have 3 NOS Semogues coming in from Portugal. 2 "barrel type" handles and one smooth half painted. What a way to start 2017. On a brush bender. :laugh: Great thread!

View attachment 714422

Seller's pics.
that shavemac is super nice. Let me just say that those semogue brushes are beautiful, those barrels though. Congratulations awesome purchases!

that shavemac is super nice. Let me just say that those semogue brushes are beautiful, those barrels though. Congratulations awesome purchases!

Thanks mdwolfie86. I planned on getting the Shavemac, but the Semogues popped up on ebay and I couldn't resist. Old Semogues are nice to find. Especially 3 NOS ones that were cheap. :001_smile

Thanks mdwolfie86. I planned on getting the Shavemac, but the Semogues popped up on ebay and I couldn't resist. Old Semogues are nice to find. Especially 3 NOS ones that were cheap. :001_smile
Hahaha believe me when I say I would have done the same. Cheers!

So I received my new Whipped Dog Silvertip today and though I haven't tried it yet I am very excited to shave. That will have to wait until tomorrow though... I had Larry set it 10mm further into the brush so its not so floppy. I think it had a good feel to it fresh out of the package. It has good backbone to it and the tips are silky soft. I expected it to be very skritchy being set so low, but its not. I am sure it will still bloom very well just the way it is. I did notice that there really wasn't any kind of odor to the bristles like I've read in a lot of threads and just expected it to be horrid, but as I said, it has no odor at all to it. Maybe that will change after it gets some water in it, don't know. Here's a couple pics... Don't know why they posted sideways, but oh well...

$20170107_121100.jpg$20170107_121126.jpg

Got this one on the way to me now. Won it on Ebay, along with an Old Spice mug to go with it. I don't know how good the brush will actually be, but this is only the second one I've seen on Ebay in the past month or two.

$s-l500.jpg

So I received my new Whipped Dog Silvertip today and though I haven't tried it yet I am very excited to shave. That will have to wait until tomorrow though... I had Larry set it 10mm further into the brush so its not so floppy. I think it had a good feel to it fresh out of the package. It has good backbone to it and the tips are silky soft. I expected it to be very skritchy being set so low, but its not. I am sure it will still bloom very well just the way it is. I did notice that there really wasn't any kind of odor to the bristles like I've read in a lot of threads and just expected it to be horrid, but as I said, it has no odor at all to it. Maybe that will change after it gets some water in it, don't know. Here's a couple pics... Don't know why they posted sideways, but oh well...

View attachment 714850View attachment 714851
That looks awesome! Hope the loft works out good for you. I would think so as silvertip usually splays quite a bit let us know how it works for you, it's a great looking brush.

Got this one on the way to me now. Won it on Ebay, along with an Old Spice mug to go with it. I don't know how good the brush will actually be, but this is only the second one I've seen on Ebay in the past month or two.

View attachment 714864
That is awesome shaving americana equipment right there, you are right I don't see too many come on eBay very much if at all either way great score congrats bud.

Last edited:
So today was very exciting as I was able to use my new WD24 and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. It lathered up really easy and though it felt quite large at 1st, I think this will definitely be in my regular rotation. Quite impressed for sure. Here is an afterwards pic and also one with my previous daily that will have to share the honors now...
proxy.php

proxy.php

View attachment 714850View attachment 714851

I have one of his deep set silvertips also. Mine was a little skritchy, but this thing becomes quite soft and pleasant after just a couple of uses. You're going to love this brush. Congrats.

Top Bottom