What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

A Wild West Brushworks with a 26mm Timberwolf knot.

proxy.php

Just ordered the Yaqi Purple Haze (24mm synthetic)... I hope it's as good as the Moka, which I like. Reviews seem good and it's a unique look.
proxy.php

Wow, that looks beautiful. Love my smaller yaqi (22). This would go great with my Karve. Might have to order one.

When you get it, and have a chance to use it, would you post your thoughts on the brush? Does it have good backbone... loose any hairs... Etc.?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is this the "yaqi 22" that you have?

Captura.JPG

i'm thinking of buying it, but i can't find a good review, would you recommend it?

That's probably going to depend on your use. I used it a few times for lathering and it is good, but not great. It's compact, but it's also short. This means it doesn't whip up a lather as easily. Also doesn't hold as much when applying. My grand scheme was to use it for hand-lathering soaps. The small loft lends to more control and a stiffer back one. I lathered a few creams with it in my hand and was super happy.

However, after getting a few s-brushes, I don't use it as much. It works, just not as well. I find the S-Brush has the backbone I need, and will build and hold more lather. Also, I have abandoned the idea of hand-lathering for travel. Picked up a silicone dog dish and am using that as a travel soap dish. It's worked great.

Sizewise, in comparison, the entry level S-Brush is as narrow, a little taller, but still carries the feel of a lithe form. I now have an Omega S packed as my travel brush.

Hope that helps. Wish I could say 'yes, I still love it' ... Unfortunately, it's more complicated. Lol.

That's probably going to depend on your use. I used it a few times for lathering and it is good, but not great. It's compact, but it's also short. This means it doesn't whip up a lather as easily. Also doesn't hold as much when applying. My grand scheme was to use it for hand-lathering soaps. The small loft lends to more control and a stiffer back one. I lathered a few creams with it in my hand and was super happy.

However, after getting a few s-brushes, I don't use it as much. It works, just not as well. I find the S-Brush has the backbone I need, and will build and hold more lather. Also, I have abandoned the idea of hand-lathering for travel. Picked up a silicone dog dish and am using that as a travel soap dish. It's worked great.

Sizewise, in comparison, the entry level S-Brush is as narrow, a little taller, but still carries the feel of a lithe form. I now have an Omega S packed as my travel brush.

Hope that helps. Wish I could say 'yes, I still love it' ... Unfortunately, it's more complicated. Lol.

Thanks for the info, you see, my idea is to use it for face lathering shave creams and shave sticks, so the amount of lather hold it's not that important, and i have an Omega 10048 for my hard soaps, the yaqi would be for traveling (i only use creams and sticks while traveling), i will give this one a chance

Thanks for the info, you see, my idea is to use it for face lathering shave creams and shave sticks, so the amount of lather hold it's not that important, and i have an Omega 10048 for my hard soaps, the yaqi would be for traveling (i only use creams and sticks while traveling), i will give this one a chance
Ahh, it'll probably work well for you.

I've had mine for a while, so I had to look it up... It is super cheap, especially on AliExpress ($6). So it's probably worth a shot at that price ... Especially If you or a new customer can get a coupon deal.

Good luck. Let me know if it works for you.

proxy.php

Ordered this one tonight. Will be my first badger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope you enjoy it! Yaqi never let's me down so I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it. Also, that brush is known for its good quality and every review raves about it.

Top Bottom