What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

View attachment 975219

This I received in the mail yesterday. Looks like really good bang for the buck. handle has a nice weight to it and fur appears densely packed and soft. I'm really looking forward to a trial. Razorock has great value products I'm finding. I've heard that maybe Zenith make these?
UPdate: Wow! Is all I have to say. Great lather and with the extra badger hair I enjoyed the amount of backbone. A really enjoyable lather from triple milled soap. I was moving towards boar brushes, but now I'm back full on badger.

0C385D8E-C651-42E3-B49D-8401DA74925C.jpeg

Today I bought the Body Shop synthetic brush. It seems to lather up soap nicely, and it's softer than my cheap boar brush. I haven't tried it in a real shaving situation yet, am very excited to see how it does!

93E97829-445D-4066-86F1-42A99DE4DA71.jpeg
This is a nice thread. One thing it made me realize is that as shavers we have gone metric! I do a lot of engineering in my work and we work exclusively in inches - making a conversion to metric for non-US sales and customers. But all the shop work is done in inches with tolerances in thousands. Brushes are mm and grams. Razors gaps and weights the same (except threads on some razors). My brush buying days are over since I have a dozen or so that I like after try maybe 50 or 60. Used an old moo java chief today

Anyone have a suggestion for a good vendor for nice wood handles / brushes. Preferably in the $40-50 range. A lot of these vendors are hard to find (Etsy and such).

Ive seen a few threads on the making of these wood brush handles (especially Greydogs work...wow) and they all look amazing. I think I want my next brush aquisition to be a nice wood handle.

Thanks folks. [emoji846]

Top Bottom