What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

On a bit of a brush bender these days. SUPER excited about this one

proxy.php

Went a little nuts today. My son has been using my RR Plissoft Bruce handle and I'd like it back so I ordered a new one for him. And while I was at it I ordered the RR 400 with Noir Knot and the RR Beehive, both synthetics. My wife is going to kill me. And she'll notice them since they look nothing like any of my other brushes. My excuse is I needed to order enough for free shipping.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
It's been a long time since last I posted here. I've missed you guys!

Yesterday being Black Friday and Maggard Razors having their wonderful sale, I ordered three new shaving brushes! A spare Omega 50014 because I couldn't bear it should anything happen to the one that I carry in my dopp kit, an Omega 40033, and a Maggard Razors 30mm black and white brush. If it's anywhere close to being as lovely as my Maggard Razors 24mm with the black handle that I've had for quite a while now, I'll be more than impressed!

Went a little nuts today. My son has been using my RR Plissoft Bruce handle and I'd like it back so I ordered a new one for him. And while I was at it I ordered the RR 400 with Noir Knot and the RR Beehive, both synthetics. My wife is going to kill me. And she'll notice them since they look nothing like any of my other brushes. My excuse is I needed to order enough for free shipping.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

+1! "...free shipping..." I tried that one also (did not get me far). Hope that it works better for you!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Another Italian Barber Omega 49 but a black handle this time.

like top shelf 4th. from left but black handle:
proxy.php

A custom made brush by J&T

The handle is made of Ziricote wood.
The brush is a Virginia Sheng Silvertip 24mm.

This brush will be arriving in my den tomorrow, hopefully.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here next to my reknotted grandfathers Vero brush. Also done by J&T.
It used to have an old bore brush, but now it has a Virginia Sheng finest 2-band 24mm
proxy.php

2422F6D5-41B2-4DDA-BA79-EE97C39AB755.jpeg
73BA57EA-CD71-490C-8385-666FE1D5D32B.jpeg

Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm High Manchurian white badger knot in Ziricote handle
Well this is long overdue. My wife ordered me my first SV brush for our anniversary. Customs decided to build the tension for quite some time placing a hold on it waiting to know exactly what species the badger was.

Have to say this is some brush. I’ve used resin and wood handled brushes before and this sucker has to weight easily twice, if not three times as much as anything I’ve used. It feels beefy. And it’s amazing the extra energy it takes whipping up lather because of that. I have the standard size Captain’s Choice bowl and will need to get the larger size at some point now because these bigger knots just fill the space and it’s hard not having lather slopping over the sides.

Using the SV is a bit of the same. The weight is very evident, adding to the regal type experience. I did expect the knot to have a high level of performance mixing softness with backbone. That’s exactly what you get and it was the density that really surprised me. I had no idea that density was even a thing with brushes, but it really gives the feeling that you’re getting what you paid for. All this also leads to more than enough lather in and on the brush to shave you and a couple of stangers that might be passing by.

Lastly, take a look at it! Who wouldn’t agree that wouldn’t be a pleasure to see when you’re setting up for your shave?

Acquisition disorder of other kinds led to BAD. I ordered a Classic 2 from The Superior Shave. I wonder if this has been discontinued because it's not on the Simpson website?
sb-sim-cl2b.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I received my new Fatip Pure Badger Brush yesterday. Don't let Pure Badger fool you, this is a super soft brush with good backbone. It's unlike any Pure Badger I've ever run across. It is more like a badger in finest though I dare say the tips are softer. :001_wub:
rsz_004.jpg

Ordered a Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip drilled in as per Larry’s recommendation, expected delivery tomorrow...can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my next brush in process of fishing now. Nothing fancy, but the cool part for me is that it is made from wood from the tree at the end of the movie Shawshank Redemption. I love that movie!

D88236EE-3C62-4FCA-A342-47E244FA6A61.jpeg

Top Bottom