What's new

Choosing the right shaving brush(es)- Muhle, Acca Kappa, Plisson

f we are talking about look only, it looks like the description of Simpson Chubby 3 Silvertip (two band).

Oh! I take it back. You use a bowl
\
I have a Chubby 2 and 3. My bowl is the Captain's Choice heavy copper. I really do not have any problems bowl lathering with these brushes. Now, if trying to do such in my shaving mug.... that simply does not work. :biggrin1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I use a wide profile, large CaYuen shaving bowl... it has an inward curve around the rim that keeps the lather contained... and it's shallow, so the handles never hit the side. They aren't inexpensive, but man.... are they wonderful, at least for me.

RS_CaYuen.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Very nice set up. It that a Japanese kettle?
Yes, yes it is.... Our youngest son bought it for my wife/his mother one year for Christmas. I ended up finding that little coaster for it on eEbay... they also sell the tea pot. It's listed multiple times. It isn't rare but it is very nice. This one includes the shipping cost.

Edit: I guess it isn't made in Japan.... but Japanese designs inspired it.

Yes, yes it is.... Our youngest son bought it for my wife/his mother one year for Christmas. I ended up finding that little coaster for it on eEbay... they also sell the tea pot. It's listed multiple times. It isn't rare but it is very nice. This one includes the shipping cost.

Edit: I guess it isn't made in Japan.... but Japanese designs inspired it.
Thank you. I was thinking of getting a Japanese tea set for my girlfriend for her birthday as she loves tea

Top Bottom