What's new

Post Hipster?

No its happening here in the UK too. As for the hipster coffee bars, I know this probably goes against the grain but my local McDonalds really does a good coffee first thing in the early morning. I find most of the 'artisan' and branded names do a weak flavourless brew fist thing....just saying.

I've always like Mickey D's coffee!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Seems to me the modern trend- make every place look like every other place. I call it the Walmartization of America, but I guess it just an American thing.

Not true IME. Traveling to other countries, I see it.

I watched this documentary recently, I found it very interesting.

This version is subtitled, the one I watched wasn't but I can't find that version...

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I find the biggest irony of all is that the generation who grew up singing "My Generation" is now complaining about the younger generations.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not true IME. Traveling to other countries, I see it.

I watched this documentary recently, I found it very interesting.

This version is subtitled, the one I watched wasn't but I can't find that version...
I left out a word. It should have read “it isn’t just an American thing”.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I find the biggest irony of all is that the generation who grew up singing "My Generation" is now complaining about the younger generations.

Getting older comes with the privilege of complaining about younger people. It's a universal, time honored tradition.

With age comes wisdom. The kids have neither.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Getting older comes with the privilege of complaining about younger people. It's a universal, time honored tradition.

Yeah ... but these young kids will even screw that up when they get old.

I don't mind hipsters in terms of what they do/like. They do their thing. I do mine.
But seriously dude, shave the tumbleweed off your face, and buy some decent-looking clothes!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
hai5vc3n98zy.jpg

Once upon a time there were beatniks. And then hippies, and yuppies. Hipsters.

What is next?
As each successive generation does their "I'm so different" routine they all end up getting married, buying a house in the suburbs, selling out and getting a real job, buying a minivan and driving their kids to soccer practice. I can only imagine wearing leggings, beards, green hair and tatoos, being vegan and sitting in cafes, glued to your laptop and phone wears thin after a while.

Top Bottom