What's new

Post Hipster?

I want to forget that!
but was wondering why @Macfrommichigan didnt see the beard oil and beard balm store!

Ping @malocchio

proxy.php

I don't have a problem with someone being a hipster. Many people have a basic need to be part of a group or fit in ( I am not one of those people.) You could do worse than being a hipster. In my opinion, being a hipster is just a fad. The irony is, fads are for conformists.

I like hippies but don't like their knockoff version, the hipsters.

Hippies don't wear recycled and military surplus looking clothes that cost hundreds of $. Hippies are vegan out of empathy for animals and love for mother nature. Hipsters are vegan to be morally superior and have something to virtue signal about on their narcissistic social media shrines.

I like hippies but don't like their knockoff version, the hipsters.

Hippies don't wear recycled and military surplus looking clothes that cost hundreds of $. Hippies are vegan out of empathy for animals and love for mother nature. Hipsters are vegan to be morally superior and have something to virtue signal about on their narcissistic social media shrines.
That is very true in many cases. A lot of hypocrisy can be found amidst their ranks.

discussions of fashion always remind me of a line from The Who song "Dirty Jobs"--
Aint it funny how we all seem to look the same.

I do not think most fashion "individuality" of the type we have been "talking" about is ever about individuals looking distinctive from one another, as it is about defining an "in group" and an "out group."

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't have a problem with someone being a hipster. Many people have a basic need to be part of a group or fit in ( I am not one of those people.) You could do worse than being a hipster. In my opinion, being a hipster is just a fad. The irony is, fads are for conformists.
I always liked what Groucho Marx said (to paraphrase)- I don’t want to be part of any group that would have me as a member (present company excluded, of course)

I don't care what's next as long as it doesn't include hipsters. Their irony is lost on me. I just see and hear grotesque parodies. Now get off my lawn.

ETA: My prediction is everyone will realize that the Misfits were a great band with a great look. Leather and deathlocks will be the thing. Hopefully not though or I'd have to dislike the Misfits. Oh crap, am I a hipster?

Last edited:
Post hipsterville...
After the hipster/artists have resurrected the boarded up, run down, sketchy, never go to parts of town once only occupied by societies lost souls, turned the areas into unique, contributing, income generating, job creating destinations of studios, galleries, coffee shops & roasters, bars and micro breweries, restaurants, barbershops and clothing stores, the landlords skyrocket the rents on their saviors and hipsterville become a wasteland of soul-sucking, mediocre, bland, cookie cutter, mainstream franchises.
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Post hipsterville...
After the hipster/artists have resurrected the boarded up, run down, sketchy, never go to parts of town once only occupied by societies lost souls, turned the areas into unique, contributing, income generating, job creating destinations of studios, galleries, coffee shops & roasters, bars and micro breweries, restaurants, barbershops and clothing stores, the landlords skyrocket the rents on their saviors and hipsterville become a wasteland of soul-sucking, mediocre, bland, cookie cutter, mainstream franchises.
dave
Seems to me the modern trend- make every place look like every other place. I call it the Walmartization of America, but I guess it just an American thing.

Seems to me the modern trend- make every place look like every other place. I call it the Walmartization of America, but I guess it just an American thing.

No its happening here in the UK too. As for the hipster coffee bars, I know this probably goes against the grain but my local McDonalds really does a good coffee first thing in the early morning. I find most of the 'artisan' and branded names do a weak flavourless brew fist thing....just saying.

Top Bottom