What's new

Polsilver Razor Blades

The Wizamet Super Iridium is the same blade except for packaging. There are a few vendors who ship from the U.S. Price is around $45 for 250 blades last time I checked. Please ignore BS claims that these are rare, limited-stock, discontinued, etc. They are just not distributed in the usual retail channels here. You are buying them "grey market" from another country using a middleman.

View attachment 1176068
Yes, at least back when I was using modern blades they were the exact same blade. The Wizamet offering only came in tucks of ten while Polsilver packaged in five. Both were in my regular list. I usually got 3-5 shaves from one.

The first shave was pretty good so I decided to bump my Rockwell 6S from an R4 plate to R5. Second shave with the Polsilver was even better than the first. I am really liking these blades.

I'm glad you got them safe and sound and that you've enjoyed the 1st one so far. I was happy to help. I bought some Wizamets recently to have on hand when I run out of Polsilvers. I think my Polsilver will last a lifetime though with my rotation of blades.

The first shave was pretty good so I decided to bump my Rockwell 6S from an R4 plate to R5. Second shave with the Polsilver was even better than the first. I am really liking these blades.

I'm glad you got them safe and sound and that you've enjoyed the 1st one so far. I was happy to help. I bought some Wizamets recently to have on hand when I run out of Polsilvers. I think my Polsilver will last a lifetime though with my rotation of blades.
Third shave was yesterday on that blade and 4th will be later this morning. It's been a very comfortable blade.

I got 107 shaves out of my first Polsilver. I will never run out as I have more than 150 and won't live long enough to use them all.

Eventually I will find out if the Wizamet Iridium Supers are the same blade (very likely) as I bought 100 of them recently from Morocco. Should get here in a couple weeks.

Had to set my FatBoy to 7 to get a good shave with them though, left stubble with any of my SuperSpeeds or Fatboy set lower than 7.

I'm half tempted to take you up on the offer for one blade but worry if I really like it I'm in the boat of trying to find a very expensive blade lol. astra and Dorco primes work well enough for me.👍

I'm half tempted to take you up on the offer for one blade but worry if I really like it I'm in the boat of trying to find a very expensive blade lol. astra and Dorco primes work well enough for me.👍
I think that I have an unopened tuck of Polsilver blades. I’ll look and if I do, I’ll send the tuck to you. I’m a Feather user and won’t ever use the Polisilver blades.

I think that I have an unopened tuck of Polsilver blades. I’ll look and if I do, I’ll send the tuck to you. I’m a Feather user and won’t ever use the Polisilver blades.
if you have a blade to send I'll give it a try really curious now. PM me if still interested for my address. I can send you 10 sochi brand blades I got from Amazon to try. thx

if you have a blade to send I'll give it a try really curious now. PM me if still interested for my address. I can send you 10 sochi brand blades I got from Amazon to try. thx
I checked my blades this morning and I was mistaken. I do not have any Polsilver blades. I’m sorry if I got your hopes up. You can order a couple of blades from tryablade.com.

While the overwhelming consensus is that the Wizamets are the exact same blades as the Polsilver, it certainly is not as smooth. while a Polsilver can last me many shaves (frequently swapping it out only to try a new blade - 20+ shaves at minimum), the Wizamet seems to be a little more scratchy, with a lot of tugging especially while ATG. hoping it is just this pack.

Gillette Nacets are better for me and Lord Platinum and Rapira Platinum are just a good. The Nacets last longer than the polsivers and the rapira and lord last about a day less.

Gillette Nacets are better for me and Lord Platinum and Rapira Platinum are just a good. The Nacets last longer than the polsivers and the rapira and lord last about a day less.
Nacets are sharp just not as forgiving, it also depends what razor you are using them in

I feel sad for all the folks who miss Polsilvers. I joined the forum about 2017 and folks here made it sound like they made shaves feel like playing a game with a cheat code. They were so much better than other blades, the only blade even comparable in terms of fan-following was a Feather. Not a peep about them nowadays.

Found a small tuck of 20 blades when cleaning up my den today, started wondering whatever happened to them. I got a bad batch initially which put me off them, but I grew to like them gradually. One of my top 4 blades with Astras, Nacets and GSBs.

Top Bottom