What's new

Polsilver Razor Blades

Tried using my Polsilver blade as many times as long as it gave me a great shave, I have found for
me that is 6 shaves max. Used it today for 7th shave and even though I have no bristles my skin
feels fairly irritated. So it is 5 shaves for me.

My favorite blade. When I shaved with DEs and I shaved daily, it wasn't uncommon for me to get 7 or more shaves from one.

Now I only use DEs in a limited amount of clean-up after shavette shaves. I leave the blade in until I don't like how it feels. Probably 2-3 weeks or so.

I get two weeks out of one.
Then again I work blue collar so looks aren’t too bad. I just do one pass WTG and some touch ups and I’m good. Weekends I don’t shave then mow it down on Monday with a Nacet in an open comb WCS.

Good blade. Discontinued tough

I think a lot of us actually lean toward the idea that they aren't 'discontinued' but are actually 'not currently in production'. I'm guessing in a year or so we'll see new production runs of them hitting on-line stores again.

This polsilver discontinue story has been going on since 2017 but you still can buy them, not cheap but still available

As a new DE shaver I am just not interested in blades that are difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. Currently I am testing many different blades to find blades that I like, are reasonably priced and will hopefully be around for many years. That being said if Polsilver was the one best and perhaps the only blade that worked for me, I might try to buy a lifetime supply now.

As a new DE shaver I am just not interested in blades that are difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. Currently I am testing many different blades to find blades that I like, are reasonably priced and will hopefully be around for many years. That being said if Polsilver was the one best and perhaps the only blade that worked for me, I might try to buy a lifetime supply now.
They are worth grabbing if you run across them. I don't jump through hoops to run them down, but when they are around I'll purchase some. I picked up 35 last year and in my rotation that will last me for a few years.

I can get by fine on many many blades. Polsilvers are good enough that I always try to have some on hand, and they are the blade I load on my birthday and for Xmas.

I hear you. I haven’t tried them yet but my limited experience so far is that every blade that I have tried so far in my Rockwell 6S are good. And from what I have read the Rockwell is good with most blades. Waiting for my Gillette Aristocrat to arrive to see if it is pickier with blades.

They are worth grabbing if you run across them. I don't jump through hoops to run them down, but when they are around I'll purchase some. I picked up 35 last year and in my rotation that will last me for a few years.

I can get by fine on many many blades. Polsilvers are good enough that I always try to have some on hand, and they are the blade I load on my birthday and for Xmas.
Polsilver is my everyday blade , I now have over 300 and will pick more , for me few other blades are as good.

I think a lot of us actually lean toward the idea that they aren't 'discontinued' but are actually 'not currently in production'. I'm guessing in a year or so we'll see new production runs of them hitting on-line stores again.

+1! That’s also my bet, based only on prior experience (as I have no inside information.) :straight:

I hear you. I haven’t tried them yet but my limited experience so far is that every blade that I have tried so far in my Rockwell 6S are good. And from what I have read the Rockwell is good with most blades. Waiting for my Gillette Aristocrat to arrive to see if it is pickier with blades.

I'd be surprised if you didn't notice a difference between the two razors. I initially disliked a lot of blades in my Gillette Slim that were very enjoyable in my cheap Lord 3 piece before I realized I had to find a new technique to use. The old Wizamet Super Iridiums ( Polsilver's prior incarnation ) were one of the first blades I ran into that issue with. I couldn't understand why a blade that felt so good ( and were heralded so highly in shave forums ) in a cheap razor was so unpleasant in a vintage Gillette. I finally realized blades that were considered 'sharp' needed a much lighter hand in the Gillette. After that realization I got along very well with Polsilvers again.

I'd be surprised if you didn't notice a difference between the two razors. I initially disliked a lot of blades in my Gillette Slim that were very enjoyable in my cheap Lord 3 piece before I realized I had to find a new technique to use. The old Wizamet Super Iridiums ( Polsilver's prior incarnation ) were one of the first blades I ran into that issue with. I couldn't understand why a blade that felt so good ( and were heralded so highly in shave forums ) in a cheap razor was so unpleasant in a vintage Gillette. I finally realized blades that were considered 'sharp' needed a much lighter hand in the Gillette. After that realization I got along very well with Polsilvers again.

I will keep that in mind. Two important things happened for me today. I received that UK Gillette Aristocrat and I discovered that the Israeli Reds in the UK packaging give me my best shaves yet in my Rockwell 6S. As a new shaver it is a major breakthrough for me to be able to do an ATG neck shave with no pain and a BBS shave. I might wait a while before I try the Aristocrat because I don’t want to stop my progress. I NEED to get this shave down pat.

They are up there in price compared to other blades. I have a tuck left, Although I like them, can't say they are the best. Permasharp, Gillette Sharpedge, Kai, Personna Lab Blues, all great blades and easy to find. I think it's a psychological play, people generally want something difficult to obtain.

Top Bottom