What's new

Please help me pick some bay rum aftershave splash

Dear gents in this forum,
I want to purchase 1 or 2 bay rum aftershave splash from FENDRIHAN.
The following brands are available in this website.
Captain's Choice
Barrister Mann
Ogallala: There are so many products in this brand. Please suggest me some.

As far as I know, these brands use natural ingredients.
Any forthcoming advice is highly appreciated.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
+3 Mr. Bay Rum 01.jpgpaging Mr. Bay Rum

You probably can't go wrong with any of those three. I used to have the Ogallala Limes and Peppercorn variety, which smells incredible, but it gave me a reaction so I sold it (not sure if it was the bay or the black pepper)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Dear gents in this forum,
I want to purchase 1 or 2 bay rum aftershave splash from FENDRIHAN.
The following brands are available in this website.
Captain's Choice
Barrister Mann
Ogallala: There are so many products in this brand. Please suggest me some.

As far as I know, these brands use natural ingredients.
Any forthcoming advice is highly appreciated.

Why limit yourself to what only one vendor carries?

CrownKing.BayRum.Jug.Bottle.480.11-12-18.JPG

That's my favorite, the AA BR. Great stuff.

Bay Rhum.jpg

The Royall product was my favorite for a very long time, decades, but it's been bumped. Still use it sometimes.

Clubman.Bay Rum. Virgin Island.480.jpg

VIBR is a different animal. Sometimes it's fun to use.

BayRum.Splash+Balm.Stirling.3-18.480..JPG

These Stirling products are also good. The BR really wakes you up!

Obviously I like bay rums. Not just these either. However, there are some I don't like.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Another vote for Atomic Age Bay rum! I'm a big fan of bay rum AS and have several of the brands already listed and the Atomic Age easily tops them all imo.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Of the Bay Rums you mention, I've used several Ogallala products. My personal favorite is the Double Strength Sweet Orange. Atomic Age Bay Rum is one of my new favorites. I know it wasn't mentioned in this thread, but the Bootlegger's Bay Rum talked about in a number of threads on B&B, is nice and after you mix up a batch using the prescribed products, you'll have plenty of it. I realize that buying three separate products and mixing them together isn't for everyone...but I found the end result to be good stuff that I use often. I also like Colonel Conk Bay Rum.

Good luck with your search!

Of the Bay Rums you mention, I've used several Ogallala products. My personal favorite is the Double Strength Sweet Orange. Atomic Age Bay Rum is one of my new favorites. I know it wasn't mentioned in this thread, but the Bootlegger's Bay Rum talked about in a number of threads on B&B, is nice and after you mix up a batch using the prescribed products, you'll have plenty of it. I realize that buying three separate products and mixing them together isn't for everyone...but I found the end result to be good stuff that I use often. I also like Colonel Conk Bay Rum.

Good luck with your search!
Im curious what you thought about boom town, I remember you mentioned it in another thread, but Ill be damned if I can find it. The paa description of boomtown sounds really nice and right up my alley

JCarr

Im curious what you thought about boom town, I remember you mentioned it in another thread, but Ill be damned if I can find it. The paa description of boomtown sounds really nice and right up my alley

First off...Atomic Age is one of my favorite Bay Rums now. So Phoenix hit a home run with me with their Atomic Age product.

I was so impressed I had to try other Phoenix products. Uncapping Boomtown and smelling it while it's still in the bottle is not going to impress anyone unless you like sniffing well worn leather...because the leather is so heavy...as advertised...that for me, it was kind of unappealing. But hey...I bought it and I'm going to use it! And so I did...when I put it on, the leather takes a back seat and the Bay Rum comes to the forefront. So...it's good stuff...but I will not be buying it again. I prefer the Atomic Age over Boomtown. But you have to know that there are some guys who like that leather accent. If you're someone who appreciates that in an aftershave, the Boomtown is beyond good. It's a quality product in a cool package. I will definitely be using mine up over time. But before it's gone, I will already have purchased another bottle of Atomic Age. Hope this helps someone trying to make a decision on one of those two. And in between days of using the Phoenix products, it'll be Bootlegger's and Olgallala Sweet Orange Double Strength.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
First off...Atomic Age is one of my favorite Bay Rums now. So Phoenix hit a home run with me with their Atomic Age product.

I was so impressed I had to try other Phoenix products. Uncapping Boomtown and smelling it while it's still in the bottle is not going to impress anyone unless you like sniffing well worn leather...because the leather is so heavy...as advertised...that for me, it was kind of unappealing. But hey...I bought it and I'm going to use it! And so I did...when I put it on, the leather takes a back seat and the Bay Rum comes to the forefront. So...it's good stuff...but I will not be buying it again. I prefer the Atomic Age over Boomtown. But you have to know that there are some guys who like that leather accent. If you're someone who appreciates that in an aftershave, the Boomtown is beyond good. It's a quality product in a cool package. I will definitely be using mine up over time. But before it's gone, I will already have purchased another bottle of Atomic Age. Hope this helps someone trying to make a decision on one of those two. And in between days of using the Phoenix products, it'll be Bootlegger's and Olgallala Sweet Orange Double Strength.

Nice post. I don't have Boomtown, but I love Atomic Age Bay Rum above all other bay rums (and I love them all).

Now I see I'd probably like to try a bottle of Boomtown and why and how it might fit in for me. I really don't know if I'd like the leather. The only "leather" I can remember ever using was English Leather and that was decades age + I don't remember if I liked it.

Thanks for the good information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

JCarr

Nice post. I don't have Boomtown, but I love Atomic Age Bay Rum above all other bay rums (and I love them all).

Now I see I'd probably like to try a bottle of Boomtown and why and how it might fit in for me. I really don't know if I'd like the leather. The only "leather" I can remember ever using was English Leather and that was decades age + I don't remember if I liked it.

Thanks for the good information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Glad the post helped. I like it...as far as spice/leather aftershaves go, it ranks high. I bought the bottle with the gunslinger taking aim...Ha Ha!

Would be interested in hearing from someone about Phoenix's Pineapple Bay Rum. And how does their Classico Bay Rum compare to their Atomic Age?

Thank you for your review. I really like atomic age for the spice, so it sounds like you would have to give that up to get all that leather. Maybe I’ll try it some time down the road but for now, atomic, pinnaud and ogallala gives me everything I need. Thanks for taking the time share your insight

Top Bottom