What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Found a spot on deck out of the wind enough to enjoy a bowl of C&D Bayou Morning in a Savinelli Series III.
20210516_092710.jpg

A beautiful afternoon on the patio. Smoking Peretti 111 in a Radice Classic Bulldog. Next is WC Ahab’s Comfort in the Savinelli Matches 860 Tribute Pipe. A cold beer and Flannery O’Conner on the side.

Today was a nice cob full of C&D Oriental Silk on the way into work. But yesterday I managed 4 whole pipes! Field and Stream Match, Ennerdale, Sutliff Evening Pipe Match (whatever they call the Dunhill match), and a nice mix of Mac Baron's Bold Kentucky and PS Natural Dutch Cavendish. My heart was very happy yesterday.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Some Haunted Bookshop in a Savinelli Series III 673 today. Also managed a Savinelli Series III Lovat filled with Bayou Morning to start my day today.
20210517_161717.jpg

Also have my pipes living on the ship set up plus a few tobacco blends...more blends will be finding a home on board shortly.
20210517_073256.jpg

If it isn't already apparent, I'm very happy with my Savinelli beater pipes. 😁

Something about a beater pipe that smokes so well! I've gotten consistently great smokes from beaters. Maybe because I'm not worried about how I'm smoking it while I'm smoking it? I say as I'm loading 2 Peterson Irish Flakes into my most expensive pipe.
True. My small "London Briar" Italian basket pipe (and I don't recall when or where I bought it, sadly) has given me a strong appreciation for a small bowl and short-ish stem. It handles Half & Half beautifully.

Top Bottom