What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Pleasant outside, so I fired up a bit of Sutliff's Edgeworth in the new Rigoletto pot pipe. Perhaps I packed the leaf a bit tightly; it burned well, but I had to draw on it quite a bit. Still, 25 + 5 minutes is nothing to complain about.

20210501_095253.jpg
Some SWRA in a Morgan Bones. Maybe the beach isn't the best place for a pipe. But then, the alternative is not having a pipe at the beach.

Sunday morning ahead of (predicted) rain: a bowl of Edward G. Robinson in my Jansen bent apple. Very nice, no heavy scent or flavor of Latakia -- I knew it was there, but it remained politely in the background -- and no bite or dryness. A good 30-minute smoke after breakfast with some coffee.

Stanwell 185, McClelland #5100/Wessex Burley Slice/C&D Green River Vanilla homebrew.
View attachment 1261395

That is a neat and creative idea for making a pipe stand out of a leather strap. I will have to look at whether I have any spare pieces of leather belt or rifle sling hanging around. If not I am always pick up an old belt at Salvation Army Family store.

Tim

No time for a pipe today. And I found last Thursday when I had gone several days, Sunday to Thursday, without lighting up, I appreciated the flavor of the tobacco much more than I do with daily smokes.

That said, my new Savinelli 404 may be in my hands tomorrow. (Smokingpipes ships *fast*.) I'll be tempted. . . .

bowl of Mac Baren navy flake in a peterson ebony 303 system.

there is no finer shape than that of the 303.

system is wonderful in controlling humidity and heat. superb mitigation qualities.

two more tins landed this weekend without the atrocious warning labels????

vacusealed for the future.

camo

Top Bottom