Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Peterson 306 Sterling spigot
1Q
F7791257-5AE9-40C0-833C-AB3494769A72.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Carolina Red flake with Perique in the Don. It had about a year of age maybe, and wouldn’t you know it has taken some resemblance to a McClelland Va. I have high hopes for it in the future, as well as for all the Carolina Red Flake iterations.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Those Punto Oro Golds are one of the best values going in a mid-priced factory pipe. A really first-class piece of briar, great drilling and finishing, at a reasonable price. They smoke above their price point.

Many happy puffs with it.
First bowl was fantastic. Best part about this pipe is that I bought it on the big auction site (unsmoked) and paid about 1/2 of what it would have cost new.

Hheading out to mow the lawn. Smoking out of the Remnant Jar this morning. The tin note is All American, I guess. A fair amount of burley codgery type stuff with an English background. It smokes just fine. Pipes are a Nording Compass and a slightly bent Falcon with a Plymouth Hunter bowl; a small leather pouch of the Remnant blend in my back pocket.

Two pipes today: Morning, the 307 Peterson charged with Sir Walter Aromatic; and just now on the sunny step (I'm getting more sunlight since I took up the pipe again!), the Stanwell straight billiard armed with Carter Hall. Both yielded about 30 minutes' smoke. The Peterson I tried something new with: It went out at about :15; I relit and smoked easily until about :25. So I lit it again for 5 more minutes. I used to do this quite a bit in the '80s, feeling that I wanted to get every penny out of my tobacco expenses. I don't worry so much about it now.

I loaded my Jansen's bent billiard about 3/4 with Edward G. this morning, had time to do the charring light, then got interrupted and had to set it aside. This afternoon I picked it back up, tamped, re-lit, and got about 15 minutes' smoke -- about right for me with this blend.

Top Bottom