What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF Parker Semi-slant

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I’ll give it a good go.

The slant I tried previously was the sb fatip. It was a Maggards Black Friday special. I do not remember what blades I tried, but I do know that one was feather.

Having used this razor for the past week and a half I must say that it is a fine razor. There's some blade feel, but nothing threatening. A first timer has nothing to fear. The first pass does seem to be more efficient. It could be a one pass shaver if you're in a hurry and don't need BBS.

The first shave went smooth as could be. The second shave 24 hours later did have a serious kick from the aftershave, yet all others were completely drama free. I guess I was still learning. The shave isn't really much different from a typical DE razor---each razor will have it's own way that needs to be learned.

It was the large and heavy handle that caught my attention. I think it really helps to just let the weight of the razor do the work without adding pressure. My experience with the Parker is much better that my time with the Fatip. I think that if you like Super Speeds but want to try a slant or heavier razor then this is the razor for you.

Thanks again @Tanuki

1693581920782.jpeg

Having used this razor for the past week and a half I must say that it is a fine razor. There's some blade feel, but nothing threatening. A first timer has nothing to fear. The first pass does seem to be more efficient. It could be a one pass shaver if you're in a hurry and don't need BBS.

The first shave went smooth as could be. The second shave 24 hours later did have a serious kick from the aftershave, yet all others were completely drama free. I guess I was still learning. The shave isn't really much different from a typical DE razor---each razor will have it's own way that needs to be learned.

It was the large and heavy handle that caught my attention. I think it really helps to just let the weight of the razor do the work without adding pressure. My experience with the Parker is much better that my time with the Fatip. I think that if you like Super Speeds but want to try a slant or heavier razor then this is the razor for you.

Thanks again @Tanuki

View attachment 1710983

Come visit the Slantember 2023 thread :thumbup1:

Top Bottom