What's new

PIF: Free Straight Razor (Straight Newbies Only)

A free shave ready straight razor PIF to new straight shavers. I received this
very generously as part of the PIF box rotation set up by Rickboone1. Those who
haven't notice, Rick is one of the many very generous members here always
contributing with helpful info or PIFs. I've got plenty of razors so I figured
I'd pass this one on to somebody looking to try out straights.

**** edit: I'll also arrange to have one id Larry's poor man's strop kit (with balsa) sent to the winner.

A drawing will be done in random in about 10 days. Your name will be adding into the drawing multiple times if you are a contributor and/or veteran. An additional chance for each badge you have.

I will cover shipping domestic or international.

Qualifications:
1.) You need to be new to straight shaving (it's fine if you tried it years ago
and gave up).
2.) You need to be willing and able to give this an honest effort. Read the
helpful links. Start a shave journal or ask questions as they come up.

Entry:
This place is loaded with helpful members always willing to provide info, hone a
razor for free, PIF something they have, contribute financially to the site,
raise money for fighting cancer, the list goes on. Many of these offers we don't
even know about because many members just privately extend the offer or helpful
info of the public forum.

So this is my entry requirement, publicly call someone out for helping you out.
Just post below that you'd like to be considered and who you've been helped out
from. If you've been a member more than a week chances are a few will come to
mind. I could probably call out over a dozen and I've only been hanging out here
for a little while. Also, please try to avoid duplication of members (I know I
called out Rick, but that doesn't count if someone else wants to as well).

Thanks
David

Attachments

• $SR.jpg
    $SR.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 581
  • $SR2.jpg
    $SR2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
You already know I am going to call you out don't you.

You have been very helpful to me through PM in my search for my first straight even though I have been a PITA and indecisive.

I've never shaved myself with a straight so I do fit your requirements. You can put me into the drawing and hopefully I can move on without having to make a choice this time

Slash McCoy has helped me out both by replying to my posts about various things and by posting info in topics for the communities reading pleasure, so i would like to thank hom for all the info he's imparted

have been willing myself to pull the trigger on a straight for a while so would appreciate being considered for this very generous PIF
and thanks to Obiwan for offering it
JB

Turtle, thanks. I should've excluded myself. My bad. You're in for #1, but no extra chances for buttering up, lol

Barcls, you're in #2. Slash is great, I've enjoyed many of his posts. The man is one of the most thorough posters here and always adds tremendous value in everything he shares.

Great PIF David! I'm out though - already slowly making my way down the straight path ... thanks to a lot of good advice from Legion (David).

Great PIF! Several members have helped me out but the first one was Craig aka "chwilkins". I don't think I would have continued wet shaving if it weren't for him. I also tried using straights in 2010 for a short while without much success. I just began using a shavette and I already have a journal.

I would love to be included in this PIF. I have never tried a straight but I have started exploring the straight razor portion of the forum more and more and I am starting to feel the itch. I would like to recognize RetiredGuns. He ran a PIF a couple of months ago that I was lucky enough to win. This was my first taste of the generosity of the members here and just blew me away. I now have great shaving bowl(instead of a cereal bowl) and I found my blade of choice from the Astras he included.

Thanks for the great PIF and the opportunity to explore another side of wet shaving, and thank you to all of the great members here that have helped me out.

Turtle, thanks. I should've excluded myself. My bad. You're in for #1, but no extra chances for buttering up, lol

That's OK... I've made a promise to myself that I am going to buy the next 7 day set I come across and take you up on your offer to get them shave ready for me :lol:

That's OK... I've made a promise to myself that I am going to buy the next 7 day set I come across and take you up on your offer to get them shave ready for me :lol:

You better act quick turtle. I've got a newborn coming and something tells me my available honing time will be reduced quite a bit at first.

Noahpictures #3
tnt5588 #4

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the PIF and fantastic idea! First, every B&B member has been a huge help from not only the mass of information provided but all of the replies to my own questions I've posted. Since I have to choose just one though, I've got to say Shaverjoe. Joe PIFed me a soap a few months back and since then has been a great resource for any help I need.

Great PIF David. Please don't include me since I already have over a dozen straights.

I would like to thank Scott "life2short1971" for his help in honing my straights as well as his advice and support.

Also Rick "Wid" for his advice and support.

All great members listed so far. Keep them coming.

Dave, are you suggesting we draw 2 winners? If so, bravo!

Last edited:
I'm not in as I've already started my journey learning the straight. Good luck to those entered.

As far as thanks, that is a tough one as I've gained so much info from so many that I have already used. I will pick Kentos because he always adds something useful to all the straight journals out there. And, who may surprise some....Seraphim. He likes his dry wit and can be a little flippant but I enjoy his humor and have gained a ton of knowledge from his posts. I could go on with others, but these guys weren't already mentioned.

Hi Guys, I'd like to be considered for this PIF, I tried shaving with a straight for 2 years (10 years ago) but since I have been reading here I don't think it was ever shave ready and anything I did to it probably made it worse - I went carts until looking for an alternative in october and have been DE shaving and loving the results ever since - I'd like to be considered and if I like it will have to invest in hones and strops

I'd like to call out David (Legion) for his advice in my frist newbie thread and for setting me up with a decent beginner kit that has only been added to by an omega brush and some MWF, its stewards like that who turn lurkers into regular users of this forum.

Thanks Guys

Top Bottom