What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

That would be Tabac.
It has a very nice fragrance, it is easy to lather, and the lather it produces is slick and silky.
Always have had great shaves using this soap.

I love this thread. Frankly, I wish that I could find an unscented soap that isn't MWF (I know its great but I hate it). I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I haven't tried Tabac yet but I will be buying some soon as I'm done here. I'm really tempted to aftershave balm and Eau de Cologne Splash too. The reason I wish I could find something I really like that is scentless is so I can then use any balm and cologne with it. I personally find scented soap worthless. I just bought a bunch of the unscented soap from Stirling, but though I like Stirling the two soaps regardless of scent I get the best lather from consistently are Mikes and (god forbid) PAA.

While Tabac is my favorite soap, I hope you're not expecting an unscented soap when you buy it, because it most certainly is NOT unscented (in the best possible way though).

While Tabac is my favorite soap, I hope you're not expecting an unscented soap when you buy it, because it most certainly is NOT unscented (in the best possible way though).

I can see how you easily got that from my post but know I'm fully aware it is scented and that people like the scent. Which is why I also mentioned considering purchasing their aftershave balm and cologne. I would prefer to not be scented but I realize that is not the case. I much appreciate your concern that I understand that.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tabac
42E37B39-576B-48CB-A205-74F1F9B75EB1.jpeg

I have a couple of pucks of Tabac in reserve.
Just in case they stop making it.

I can see how you easily got that from my post but know I'm fully aware it is scented and that people like the scent. Which is why I also mentioned considering purchasing their aftershave balm and cologne. I would prefer to not be scented but I realize that is not the case. I much appreciate your concern that I understand that.

No worries, I figured that you knew that, but thought I might as well through that out there just in case!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
LOL - No, I prefer dirty laundry. 🤣🤣🤣
I couldn’t resist. I knew you meant after. I agree that, and clothes dried outdoors on a clothesline have a nice comforting scent to them. So GD nails the scent on that one?

For me I think my one soap would be La Toja.

First choice would be Shannonssoaps.com "Trial 1" She sent me a sample of the regular formula and later a goat's milk formula. I think she's gonna name it "Botanica", but it's amazingly slick and smells great. It's really close in ranking to my #2: Grated equal parts of Williams Puck and Lea stick - smells a lot nicer than Williams alone ...

I could be happy with any one of (in alphabetical order):
  • Haslinger
  • MWF
  • Tabac
All are readily available, lather well for me and just work day in and day out.

Top Bottom