What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

There are a lot of great soaps out there but if it has to be one then Saponificio Varesino, pick a scent you like you can't go wrong with the soap. My favorite scent of their's is Felce Aromatica.

I enjoy these threads. Of course you can find every soap listed here on the “What soaps are most overrated “ threads.
Gun to my head pick one soap. Vintage Old Spice

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well, if we're including stuff that is out of production, I'll change my vote to THE P.160 Tipo Morbido.

Vitos Extra Super Cocco (Red) - forget YMMV, this is the best shaving soap currently in production by a country mile :biggrin1:. More slick than Cella with the same superb lather-ability, cushion and glide. For out of production shaving soaps either Shulton Old Spice or IColoniali Mango Oil.

AOS Sandalwood Tallow or Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti

The AOS is my favorite, but the SV is close behind and is readily available. I just feel these two perform the best for me and smell good, too.

I'd be very happy with any of the Meißner soaps or pastes. Perhaps one of each variety. Performance outstanding, and best of all extremely kind to my sensitive skin. I've only tried 3, and each one is quite different.

Can someone explain what Tabac smells like? Lots of allusions to its scent, but nothing specific. Thanks!

It has a Masculine Scent which contains Bergamot, Neroli and Lavender and is acented with Tobacco, Oakmoss and Vanilla.
Tabac Original leaves you with a distinct feeling of well groomed freshness. Masculine. Unmistakable. but then you love or hate it lol

Can someone explain what Tabac smells like? Lots of allusions to its scent, but nothing specific. Thanks!
I got my tub of Tabac a few weeks ago. to my nose, first whiff was a bit overpowering. Nothing like cigarettes or cigars, it’s more like a deep mens cologne smell. I myself am a bit sensitive to scent and heavier perfumes and colognes make me nauseous. To me MWF is enough scent, which is on the lighter side for most people here. So I shelved Tabac and dint mess with it for some time. I tried a whiff of it again a week ago, and it still smelled like deep cologne but not overpowering anymore. I finally shaved with it, great easy lather, great performance. now that I used it a few times, scent feels to me a bit like incense, I like it. post shave feel kicks ***. definitely in my rotation now.

My hunch is, most of these scented soaps have a stronger smell when you freshly open the seal .. give it a rest, lather it a time or two and see how it settles.

I got my tub of Tabac a few weeks ago. to my nose, first whiff was a bit overpowering. Nothing like cigarettes or cigars, it’s more like a deep mens cologne smell. I myself am a bit sensitive to scent and heavier perfumes and colognes make me nauseous. To me MWF is enough scent, which is on the lighter side for most people here. So I shelved Tabac and dint mess with it for some time. I tried a whiff of it again a week ago, and it still smelled like deep cologne but not overpowering anymore. I finally shaved with it, great easy lather, great performance. now that I used it a few times, scent feels to me a bit like incense, I like it. post shave feel kicks ***. definitely in my rotation now.

My hunch is, most of these scented soaps have a stronger smell when you freshly open the seal .. give it a rest, lather it a time or two and see how it settles.
You’re right, there is definitely an incense vibe to it. Pungent like incense can be. Never put that together before.

I had a tub of it and before I purchased it I saw a post where someone said it smells like the inside of an grandma's purse. Not too far off from that description either.

Tabac is one of those soaps that you do have to try to see what all the hype is about. The scent is decent enough. I can't describe scents very well but it is kind of flowery/spice/cologne kind of mix. The scent was just okay to me but the lather and post shave feel I just did not care for. It lacked slickness and the post shave was dry. I have found a lot of better soaps than Tabac. It is one of those soaps that has a following. I thought the scent was decent enough I bought deodorant but I got a rash under my arms and couldn't use it. I sold off the soap in a lot since I didn't care for it.

Top Bottom