What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

I always pick the same thing thing in threads like these. If I have to use the same soap for the rest of my life it’s going to be Barbasol shave cream.

Because sometimes I just want a quick no fuss shave. If I pick my favorite - Vintage Williams, then I’m stuck using a brush and face lathering for the rest of my life. What if one day I just want to hurry up and get a clean shaven face and get the heck out of dodge. But noooooooo I gotta fuss with a brush, and load it, and face lather because back on September 29, 2019 I said Vintage Williams was the one and only soap I would ever want to use if I could only use one. I can’t do that to my future self.

That’s why I say Barbasol Canned Shave Cream. Let’s say one day I want to take my time and use a brush. I can still do that! Just squirt the cream on the brush and lather. And if I want to hurry..I can do that too!

Well, that's a different reason than most here have for their choices, but sound and practical.

That will take decades to figure out. So far I might give a slight nod to D.R. Harris Arlington. The initial scent is enjoyable but is not so strong as to get tiring. I could also be happy with MWF or Edwin Jagger sandalwood or others.

RR Blue Fougere The first time I smelt it I knew could never run out of this one. The glide and lather are excellent, I kind of prefer croaps. I’m definitely getting some Tabac on my next purchase.

I love this thread. Frankly, I wish that I could find an unscented soap that isn't MWF (I know its great but I hate it). I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I haven't tried Tabac yet but I will be buying some soon as I'm done here. I'm really tempted to aftershave balm and Eau de Cologne Splash too. The reason I wish I could find something I really like that is scentless is so I can then use any balm and cologne with it. I personally find scented soap worthless. I just bought a bunch of the unscented soap from Stirling, but though I like Stirling the two soaps regardless of scent I get the best lather from consistently are Mikes and (god forbid) PAA.

Top Bottom