What's new

Petition to Henkel: bring back the old tallow formulation stick, and the Manantiales!

While on google yesterday I found a pic of a vintage La Toja Magno shaving soap in wooden bowl. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

That was first presented in the Spanish forum afeitadoclasico. I think that is property of Pirvan, one of the the webmasters of that forum. (bu I may be wrong)

Ingredients list of that Magno shaving soap:

sodium stereate, potasium cocoate, water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, sodium silicate

Our friend Luis (lu20vt) is the happy owner of one of the old formulation tallow sticks. Here's some photos:

proxy.php

proxy.php

.... sadly, i believe this is a lost cause............

......... European businesses largely ignore customer appeals, requests, etc.........

...........customer service is largely non-existent..........

.............i know from personal experience, they don't care if they lose your business....

My biggest fear is that La Toja Shave Stick will eventually be discontinued as my friend who just came from Madrid and brought several sticks back for me said the Shave Stick was hard to locate. He stated that there was no problem finding La Toja Shave Foam in the Can and it was not difficult to find the Shave Cream in the tube.

....hmmmmmmmm......odd.... i have family in Spain.....

...... no shortage of La Toja shave sticks at the Corte Ingles.....a spanish department store...

....hmmmmmmmm......odd.... i have family in Spain.....

...... no shortage of La Toja shave sticks at the Corte Ingles.....a spanish department store...

This might have been where he purchased the La Toja Shave Sticks. Do you know if the Shave Stick is very popular in Spain or do most use the La Toja Shaving Foam in the can?

@Marco There are some formulations, the best in my opinion is the photo that has Emanuel!

@Emanuel going to visit me in Spain? $lol.gif

I received this earlier this week:

Apreciado Sr. XXXXXX

Ante todo le agradecemos que se haya puesto en contacto con nosotros ya que la opinión de nuestros consumidores siempre es importante y la tenemos en cuenta a la hora de elaborar nuestros productos, tratando siempre de mejorarlos, introduciendo las sugerencias y experiencias aportadas.

En respuesta al mail recibido en fecha 14.4.2012 y a sus comentarios respecto a nuestro producto de la barrita de jabón de afeitar de La Toja, queríamos informarle que hace más de 10 años se cambió la base del jabón de coco/sebo a coco/estearina, para mejorar la estabilidad del producto a largo plazo, su olor y su color. Desde entonces, sólo ha habido una ligera adaptación de la fórmula en 2008.
Antes de introducir alguna modificación en las fórmulas que ya comercializamos, Henkel realiza estudios de mercado con consumidores habituales del producto para evaluar su aceptación y, en función de los resultados obtenidos, se decide o bien implementar el cambio de fórmula previsto o bien mantener la actual. La opinión de los consumidores que participaron en los estudios fue favorable y, por este motivo, se implementaron los cambios de fórmula arriba indicados.

En referencia a su solicitud sobre el cuenco del jabón de afeitar de Manantiales de La Toja, sabemos que es un producto muy bien valorado por usuarios fieles como Usted que prefieren un afeitado clásico con brocha. Pero lamentablemente, debido a la evolución del mercado y los nuevos hábitos de consumo que impulsa la sociedad actual, se ha convertido en un producto de baja rotación y, a nivel de compañía, se ha decidido dejar de comercializar.
No obstante, puede seguir encontrando en el mercado un producto de propiedades similares como la barrita de jabón de afeitar de La Toja, que puede cubrir estas necesidades específicas.

Esperamos poder seguir contando con su confianza.

Reciba un cordial saludo.

Servicio Técnico Schwarzkopf & Henkel

aka

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX

First of all we thank you that have contacted us since the opinion of our customers is always important and we take into account when developing our products, always trying to improve them by introducing the suggestions and experiences provided.

In response to the received mail dated 14.4.2012 and comments about our product of shaving soap bar of La Toja, we wanted to inform you that more than 10 years ago changed the soap base of coconut / tallow to coconut / stearin , to improve product stability in the long term, their odor and color. Since then, there have been only a slight adaptation of the formula in 2008.

Before any modifications to the formulas already market, Henkel performs market research with current users to evaluate product acceptance and, depending on the results obtained, we can decide either to implement the planned formula change or maintain the current . The opinion of consumers who participated in the study was favorable and, therefore, we implemented the above formula changes.

In reference to his application for shaving soap bowl Springs of La Toja, we know that is a very well appreciated by loyal users like you who prefer a classic shaving brush. But unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits that drives today's society has become a slow moving product and company level, it was decided to stop marketing.

However, you can still find on the market a product with similar properties as the bar of shaving soap of La Toja, who can meet those specific needs.

We look forward to your continued confidence.

Yours sincerely.

Schwarzkopf & Henkel Technical Services

Thbbt

The comments about those of us who still prefer a classic shaving brush, followed by (But) unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits that drive today's society.... However, you can still find on the market a product with similar properties as the bar of shaving soap of La Toja, who can meet those specific needs. Within Five years this is the exact same statement that will be made when they take La Toja Shave Stick off the market and the product with similar properties will be the La Toja Shave Foam in the can.

Last edited:
La Toja response to Grumpy_Bottom seems to indicate they will not consider bringing back the Manantiales shave soap and is anyone else concerned that the La Toja Shave Stick could also be in danger with the statements of Market Changes and New habits that drive today's society. The La Toja shave stick is geared towards the classic brush shaver, and I am not sure if that is a growing market in Spain.

Top Bottom