What's new

Petition to Henkel: bring back the old tallow formulation stick, and the Manantiales!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Just sent this in reply:

"Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you so very much for your answer, but please allow me to disagree on a few statements. The La Toja Manantiales shaving soap has a lot of fans all around the World and is considered by many wet shavers (me included) one of the finest shaving soaps ever made. Wet shaving in the traditional way with brush and soap is living a Renaissance and a New Age in the last years. I proudly belong to Badger & Blade, the largest and most respected wet shaving community in the World, with over 40,000 members in any continent. If you have time and pleasure, please give a look and see how much the Manantiales soap is loved and how much disappointment there was when we were informed about it being discontinued. Excuse me and with all due respect, but how can you declare that the Manantiales de La Toja jabon de afeitar was a slow moving item? Maybe it was in the beginning when it was sold only in Spain, but then it became available in Europe and overseas. And, from what I've seen and read, it was always sought after and appreciated by a growing number of wet shavers. This simply because it's a tremendously great performer. Please, bring back your most prestigious product.

Best Regards,

Marco"

I guess keep bombarding them with emails?

Absolutely!

At the beginning, Lascaray (makers of BEA/LEA) gave a similar response. With time, the responses started to change, until they finally changed their formulation to the new tallow (and better) one by public demand.

And the same happened before, with the Lavanda shaving cream, by Ach. Brito.

They all start with a response like that. With time, they may change their minds, specially if the public demand remains higher.

If their sales were low they should come out without the wooden bowl and bring the price point down. I think refill pucks would sell easily at $20 or maybe more. But who wants to pay for a new bowl every time? Particularly one that's not sealed. Only the most diehard fans. That was their problem and I'm surprised they didn't see it.

If their sales were low they should come out without the wooden bowl and bring the price point down. I think refill pucks would sell easily at $20 or maybe more. But who wants to pay for a new bowl every time? Particularly one that's not sealed. Only the most diehard fans. That was their problem and I'm surprised they didn't see it.

The Manantiales bowl is indeed pretty to look at, but I have to agree that is not very functional. A more functional design and the refills are two very good ideas.

These types of threads are some of the best threads on B&B, IMHO, even with the unfortunate nature of them.

Goto to agree with this one! :thumbup:

WET-SHAVERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!! :w00t::thumbup:

I just sent them my petition to revive the Manantiales soap! This kind of feels like we are blowing spit balls at a battle ship. I think we need a lot more to convince them.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
While on google yesterday I found a pic of a vintage La Toja Magno shaving soap in wooden bowl. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Attachments

• $La Toja Magno SS.jpg
    $La Toja Magno SS.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom