What's new

Petition to Henkel: bring back the old tallow formulation stick, and the Manantiales!

Someone once told me the Manantiales was the nearest thing to the old Yardley. Would definitely get it if its available again

Someone once told me the Manantiales was the nearest thing to the old Yardley. Would definitely get it if its available again

Having used both, they are very different soaps, but both are outstanding. I am currently using my puck of Manantiales from start to finish, and I would be thrilled to have it back in production. It's that good.

I'll send one off.

I really like the smell of my la toja sticks, but unfortunately, as with all non tallow soaps, my face doesn't feel right after the shave. I did notice that I had slightly better results from non tallow la toja sticks than I do from most other non tallow soaps.. but I would definitely love to get my hands on a tallow version.

Edited to add:

Sent

Last edited:
Man, I feel so lost I havent tried either of the stick versions, it is on my list though. So I will send an e-mail for you guys stating that I will buy it if they produce it again. Hope it helps.

I sent the form to them but I wrote that in realistic style. That wooden tub was useless which made it expensive for production. If they sold that in refill puck, there would be no problem for the production and us. I hope they bring it.

I've been looking for Manantiales for a bit now but no one seems to want to sell it or let theres go haha I guess its for good reason :( I guess I'll keep on looking I hear its a wonderful soap.

I sent the form to them but I wrote that in realistic style. That wooden tub was useless which made it expensive for production. If they sold that in refill puck, there would be no problem for the production and us. I hope they bring it.

That will be a good idea; a better package and some refill pucks. :thumbup1:

A worthy effort! I'm afraid I missed out on the Manantiales (I was too slow to heed your warning, Marco!), so I'd love to see it back in production. I do agree that the bowl, while very cool-looking, did also appear to be rather inefficient. Improved packaging or not, let's get it back! I'm off to fire off an email.

My friends, I have to be honest. I find the current La Toja stick to be an excellent product and one of the finest sticks currently made. Hence, I would be happy anyway with this version if the Henkel Iberica group doesn't change it to one of its previous versions. But the Manantiales puck in wooden bowl is something I really want back. Please do not stop sending messages to the manufacturer.

+1 - I couldn't agree more. The shave stick sets the standard for non-tallow soaps and is better than many tallow soaps IMHO. My petition would be to all the other veggie-based soap-makers to figure out how La Toja does it. I'd rather not use tallow if the performance is as good as good as La Toja stick.

Emanuel, did you or any or your friends on other shaving boards get any answer from the Henkel Iberica group?

Some responses are starting to come, always in spanish. Here's the first version of their responses (I used google translate to trranslate the response to english):

Dear Mr.

First of all we thank you that have contacted us since the opinion of our customers is always important and we take into account when developing our products, always trying to improve them by introducing the suggestions and experiences provided.

In response to the received mail dated 10.4.2012 and comments about our product of shaving soap stick of La Toja, we wanted to inform you that the formula has remained unchanged since 2008.
Before any modifications to the formulas already market, Henkel performs market research with current users to evaluate product acceptance and, depending on the results obtained, we can decide either to implement the planned formula change or maintain the current.

In reference to his application for shaving soap bowl of La Toja Manantiales, we know that is a very well appreciated by loyal users like you who prefer a classic shaving brush. But unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits that drives today's society has become a slow moving product and company level, it was decided to stop marketing.
However, you can still find on the market a product with similar properties as the bar of shaving soap of La Toja, who can meet those specific needs.

In order to assure that the product you are using corresponds to our high quality standards, please supply an address and phone number, you agree to collect and analyse for free the product in our laboratories. Once we have the results back we will contact you to arrange the most suitable products to your needs and provide new samples.

We look forward to your continued confidence and we look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours sincerely,
Schwarzkopf & Henkel Technical Services

Some members of foroafeitado had the idea to include in their requests a note stating that other companies like Lascaray (who produces LEA/BEA soaps, and are direct competitors for the Spanish market) changed their composition, an that Henkel can be loosing clients for their competitors. That may have triggered another kind of response - my friend Teiste received this response (via the e-mail of the Spanish forum):

Dear Teiste,
First of all sorry that we contact to you via the form on the forum but due to specific technical problems on our website we do not have your contact details.
If you were so kind please let us provide your phone to call you personally and discuss your concerns about our products (the stick of La Toja shaving soap and the bowl of La Toja Manantiales).
We await your response.

Sincerely,

Schwarzkopf & Henkel Technical Services

So, they are listening, and lately they seem to be open to a dialogue.
Let's hope it turns out OK... fingers crossed.

Some responses are starting to come, always in spanish. Here's the first version of their responses (I used google translate to trranslate the response to english):

Some members of foroafeitado had the idea to include in their requests a note stating that other companies like Lascaray (who produces LEA/BEA soaps, and are direct competitors for the Spanish market) changed their composition, an that Henkel can be loosing clients for their competitors. That may have triggered another kind of response - my friend Teiste received this response (via the e-mail of the Spanish forum):

So, they are listening, and lately they seem to be open to a dialogue.
Let's hope it turns out OK... fingers crossed.

The response I received, in English:

Henkel said:
Dear ,

First of all, thank you very much for contacting us. The opinion of our consumers is always important and we take it into account when we develop our products, and also when we improve them by introducing the suggestions and experiences provided by consumers.

In response to the mail received on 13.04.2012 and your comments concerning our product of Manantiales de La Toja shaving bowl soap, we know that this product is very appreciated by loyal users like you who prefer a classic shaving brush. But unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits of today's society, it has become a slow moving product and it was decided to stop its production.

However, you can still find on the market a product with similar properties like the shaving soap stick of La Toja, who can meet those specific needs.

We hope to keep having your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Servicio Técnico Schwarzkopf & Henkel

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I got excatly the same answer and, quite honestly, I'm very disappointed. When referring to the Manantiales shaving soap in the wooden bowl, how can they declare "...but unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits that drives today's society has become a slow moving product and company level, it was decided to stop marketing." Is this a joke? The Manantiales de La Toja is their most prestigious and sought after product and it did start to sell in a tremendously good way when it finally became available to the international customers, just before they stopped producing it.

Top Bottom