What's new

If you could only keep 4 shaving soaps or creams

How does it not lather away before you get to the bottom of your next shower soap? Or did you stack them before you started using?
When a soap becomes too small to use I toss it into my bowl. I lather on the accumulated scraps. They remain in the bowl until consumed.

I marvel at the incomprehension of my lathering technique. I’ve explained this many, many times, but the questions continue. I have some theories on the subject that I may discuss soon.

When a soap becomes too small to use I toss it into my bowl. I lather on the accumulated scraps. They remain in the bowl until consumed.

I marvel at the incomprehension of my lathering technique. I’ve explained this many, many times, but the questions continue. I have some theories on the subject that I may discuss soon.

I understand the process, just surprised that very first scrap you started with lasted long enough for the 2nd scrap to show up.

Separately, what's your shower soap of choice?

None. Don’t use ‘em. I make wonderful lather everyday with bath soap scraps, for free.
Freegan.jpg

SV — Q Baby
PAA — Atomic Age Bay Rum
Chiseled Face — Cedar and Spice
Stirling Soap — Barbershop

SV performs best for me. The other three all perform very well, but they're mostly there because I love their scents so much.

My top soaps are Yardley Lavender, Yardley Black Label, Tallow Tabac, and Shulton Old Spice. I am fortunate to own around 30 pucks/bowls, plus a few sticks of these soaps, and I need no other; for me they are shaving perfection.
A fellow traveler. I’m a big Yardley fan as well, but 30 pucks/bowls? That’s epic. I thought I was doing well with 9.

Top Bottom