What's new

Parker Vacumatic

So I just came from my 91 year old grandfather's house and were discussing my most recent interest in fountain pens. Without digging around too deep he gave me about 8 pens he had hanging around. One of which is an old Parker Vacumatic. It appears to be in reasonable shape, but the nib is broken. Hoping this is fixable. Any idea where I can get something like this replaced?

The others were Sheaffer, Duocraft and Wearever.

Thanks!

You could send it to Ron Zorn at mainstreetpens, Richard Binder at richardspens, or post a wanted to buy over at FPN looking for a nib. You could also find a beat up donor pen to take a good nib from. Just be sure it's from a similar pen so the nib fits.
;)

You can test whether the filler diaphragm is split or intact by removing the feed (I presume the nib is not there from what you say) - depressing the filler and placing the feed end of the pen against the inside of your lip (yes, inside your mouth) making a seal.

Let go of the feed and then try to pull the pen away from your inner lip - if you feel a light suction, the filler is fine, otherwise, it's split and needs replacing - try a few times to make sure.

Top Bottom